Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3/Xbox 360 Steelbook) [UK/Australia]

May 19, 2011
Singapore
For Zavvi: Limited to 6000 for PS3, 4000 for Xbox 360
But EB Games in AU will get the remaining 2000 for PS3 and 1000 for Xbox 360, according to Zavvi's blog.

attachment.php

ACTUAL PICS

MGS Front.jpg

MGS Spread.jpg
i know.. looks like a stickerbook...

Copy of MGS HD Collection

Variant MGS HD Collection Steelbook

MGS T-Shirt, exclusive to this Limited Edition

250 page premium art book showcasing the artwork of Yoji Shinkawa

This Limited Edition is available exclusively from zavvi.com in the UK and Europe. 6,000 copies of the PlayStation 3 version are now available for pre-order on the site, in addition to 4,000 copies of the Xbox 360 version. A total of just 8,000 (PS3) and 5,000 (Xbox 360) units of this edition are being manufactured worldwide, so numbers are strictly limited. Both of these editions have now appeared back on zavvi.com, and are both available for pre-order as of today, while stocks last.

If you placed a pre-order for the original PS3 Limited Edition that was announced back in August (and which was unfortunately made unavailable recently) that pre-order will be automatically carried over to secure you a copy of the updated edition.

Basically Zavvi's new release will have no MGS1 or MGS4 and more merch. Though some folks are reporting that Zavvi's promising MGS4 for those who pre-ordered the initial PS3 MGS HD Collection SB.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: Xbox 360 Limited Edition (Zavvi Exclusive) Xbox 360

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection: PS3 Limited Edition (Zavvi Exclusive) PS3

if you're interested in Australia's EB Game's version:
PS3 version
360 version

----legacy information below----

Release Date: 25 November 2011

Limited to only 4000 worldwide, Metal Gear Solid: Ultimate HD Collection is the must-have item for all fans of the hugely popular franchise! Exclusive to Zavvi, each Steelbook packaging will be individually numbered allowing you to own a unique part of the Metal Gear Legacy.

Additional Content Includes:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
PSN code to download Metal Gear Solid 1
5 x Art Cards

Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater opens the set, with series hero Snake entering a Soviet jungle where intelligence reports a vital scientist is being held captive. Set in the 60s of the Cold War, Snake Eater sees Snake using his stealth abilities in a whole new locale - under the cover of the jungle foliage where various camo fatigues can be used to sneak into areas undiscovered. The riveting plot then reveals a familiar face from Snake's past at its centre.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker takes place a decade later and details the operations of Big Boss in Costa Rica. The year is 1974, and Costa Rica has been overrun by an organization of highly-trained mercenaries. Working with a squad of neutral troops, Snake soon uncovers a CIA plot, and becomes embroiled in a mission to thwart a nuclear threat. The timeline then moves on to Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty, which is set in modern times and marks Raiden's first appearance in the series.

Solid Snake and Otacon receive intel that a new kind of Metal Gear vehicle is being transported across the Hudson River. Snake infiltrates the tanker, which is then seized by a group of Russian mercenaries lead by Revolver Ocelot. Two years pass, and a new terrorist faction calling themselves The Sons of Liberty have taken over the Big Shell base. New Fox Hound operative, Raiden, is sent to investigate.

10532517-1322241687-54372.jpg

as a reference, this is the non-exclusive artwork:
10480724-1309882010-491861.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
meh, it's preliminary artwork ... so who knows what it'll end up being. This has the potential to be awesome tho.

I to have pre-ordered this as I don't have the game yet for my PS3 and I had a 10% personal discount code for zavvi that they emailed me a week or two ago :)

If ezcompane got it to work, he might able to assist you Chris ... maybe the USA is located at the beginning I know sometimes in Country lists they put USA in first few or under the obvious U alphabetically.

I want one of these, and will more than likely buy it as I wont be in a rush to play it. However I do hope the price comes down before release ... I'm not ordering just yet.

Oh crap...

IKR **** this **** and its already on ebay for $410 hopefully the price will go down. I think the only reason the guy has actually sold it for that insane prices is because he's the only one selling on ebay.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

if any 1 has a copy willing to sell would be willing to pay $165 at most for it.

Last edited:
oh man, I shoulda pre-ordered :( Tho it really makes you wonder if it will come back in stock .. I mean when a retailer knows they already sold out before release its kind of a clue to order more .... I mean, they are here to make money ya know. So keep an eye on the listing. They may add more quantity in, if they do then they need to change their listing as it clearly said 4,000 limited.

oh man, I shoulda pre-ordered :( Tho it really makes you wonder if it will come back in stock .. I mean when a retailer knows they already sold out before release its kind of a clue to order more .... I mean, they are here to make money ya know. So keep an eye on the listing. They may add more quantity in, if they do then they need to change their listing as it clearly said 4,000 limited.

who knows and thnks for the message.

My goodness, I had no idea that VG Steels were so sought after!

This is Metal Gear Solid, DB ... It has a huge fan following, every MG game has been EPIC and takes YEARS to make. And this is the HD collection of some games from many people's childhoods/teenage years etc. So yeah ... its a MUST HAVE. Also many Metal Gear stuff is sought after or carries big value.

Thanks Wreck-I have no idea about this stuff-thank you so much! I remember Metal Gear from my Nintendo NES days, LOL, but had no idea the franchise stayed around. That's very cool!