Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
MGSLegacy.jpg

PlayStation®3 exclusive package will include:
METAL GEAR SOLID
METAL GEAR SOLID 2: HD Edition
METAL GEAR SOLID 3: HD Edition (which includes the original MSX versions of METAL GEAR and METAL GEAR 2)
METAL GEAR SOLID: Peace Walker HD Edition
METAL GEAR SOLID: VR MISSIONS
METAL GEAR SOLID 4: Trophy Edition
Two Ashley Wood digital graphic novels

Available June 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
So it is coming, eh? Nice to see Ashley Wood's work in there as well as the VR Missions for MGS1. I already own all these games a 100 times, but I'll definitely be buying this. This should've been called Metal Gear Solid: The David Hayter Years. Man, I'll miss that dude as Snake/Big Boss.

I already own the MGS HD Collection, but I'll probably just give it to someone and get this. I was avoiding having to buy MGS 1. Now this will contain all the games in one box.

I wish Twin Snakes would of made it into this, although the rights are probably not done yet with Nintendo. Too bad.

I already own the MGS HD Collection, but I'll probably just give it to someone and get this. I was avoiding having to buy MGS 1. Now this will contain all the games in one box.

I wish Twin Snakes would of made it into this, although the rights are probably not done yet with Nintendo. Too bad.

Twin Snakes would've been nice, that's for sure. I don't think Nintendo will let go of those rights anytime soon, though. :angry:

And this is the first time Metal Gear Solid will get HD treatment, right? It was high time, I think.

The MGS1 included in here is probably just a digital version of the regular game. It won't be converted to HD.

This really just for the people who haven't played any of the games.I mean who doesn't have 3 versions of MGS1?And every ps3 owner should have MGS 4 by now it's like 4 bucks new.

Now if Hideo and the guys had made the first game with trophies( never gonna happen) Then i would buy it again,but to buy a whole nother collection because the next game is coming sometime in the next few years isnt enough to make me pick it up.

This really just for the people who haven't played any of the games.I mean who doesn't have 3 versions of MGS1?And every ps3 owner should have MGS 4 by now it's like 4 bucks new.

Now if Hideo and the guys had made the first game with trophies( never gonna happen) Then i would buy it again,but to buy a whole nother collection because the next game is coming sometime in the next few years isnt enough to make me pick it up.

I already own MGS1 four times... what's one more? :p

Trophies for MGS1 would be :drool::drool::drool:

I hope all of these will be on disc(s) and not partially DLC. It will determine whether I buy or not.

Details on the Japanese edition can be found here. If the American edition is anywhere close to that edition, MGS1 will unfortunately just be a voucher code for the PS Store.

Details on the Japanese edition can be found here. If the American edition is anywhere close to that edition, MGS1 will unfortunately just be a voucher code for the PS Store.

The last time MGS 1 was on disk was on the ps2 collection. i don't think it will ever be again.

Asia version up for pre-order on Playasia

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-iil9-71-bp-49-en-84-j-70-4a03.html

Box contents
•Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Trophy Edition) [English]
•Metal Gear Solid HD Edition (Metal Gear Solid 1, Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, Metal Gear 1 & Metal Gear 2) [English]
•Metal Gears Solid 2: Bande Dessinée (MGS & MSGS2 video playable Blu-Ray player)
•Metal Gear Solid 1 (DLC Code via PSN) [English]
•Metal Gear Solid 1 VR Mission (DLC Code) [English]

UPDATE:

Online retailers Amazon.com has added Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection to their shop. According to the store, the game will release July 9 for a price of $49.99.
Amazon has not yet added the game to their European stores. Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection will release exclusively on PlayStation 3.

Source: metalgearsolid.nl

---

Konami has launched a Japanese website for Metal Gear Solid The Legacy Collection. They showed the boxart as well as the release date and price for that region. Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection will be released in Japan on July 11th, for a price of 7,980 yen (but it can be purchased at Konami Style for 7,182). This translates to a price of about 60 euro, or 80 dollars. Metal-Gear-Solid-The-Legacy-Collection-Japanese-Box

Metal-Gear-Solid-The-Legacy-Collection-Japanese-Box.jpg

BIGVgBaCEAAm4r3.jpg:large

The item at the right is a 100-page artbook filled with Shinkawa’s work. Other than that, the bundle includes Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid Integral, MGS2, MGS3, MGS:pW, MGS4 and the two digital novels. Both MGS1 and the VR Missions will be distributed as a code for a digital version from the PSN store.

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection will be released exclusively for PlayStation 3, as confirmed by Kojima.

Metal-Gear-Solid-The-Legacy-Collection-Promo-Art.jpg

http://metalgearsolid.nl/?p=7620

Reactions: hiratafabio