Mindwarp (Blu-ray) (Limited to 3000) (Twilight Time) [US]

vläd

Premium Supporter
Mar 14, 2010
S.W. Desert USA
Twilight Time is releasing Mindwarp on blu-ray, and it's limited to 3,000 copies.

Release Date: October 8th
Price: $29.95
Purchase link: here

Synopsis: Cult horror veterans Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead) and Angus Scrimm (Phantasm) co-star in Mindwarp (1992), produced by Fangoria Films (an off-shoot of the popular horror film magazine). The film tells the grisly tale of a post-apocalyptic society in which the privileged exist only as “Dreamers,” eternally plugged into a virtual reality fantasyland, Inworld, while in the ravaged Outworld, humans have mutated into savage flesh-eaters, led by a mysterious, charismatic despot interested only in survival. Directed by Steven Barnett (Hollywood Boulevard II).

IMDB Link: Mindwarp

attachment.php

Attachments

• Mindwarp.jpg
    Mindwarp.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 194
Last edited by a moderator:
Never seen this, but from the description in the OP, it kind of sounds like the matrix is not so original after all ;)

The Matrix isn't that original besides the effects. Well, they're original in the sense that they hadn't been done in live action movies but japanese animes such as Ninja Scroll, Akira and particularly Ghost In The Shell were strong influences on the Wachowski brothers and similar effect can be found there. Obviously very different mediums.

And the ideas and philosophies within The Matrix can be found in many litterary works such as Allegory Of The Cave (Plato), Simulacra And Simulation (Jean Baudrillard), Neuromancer (William Gibson), Alice's Adventures In Wonderland (Lewis Carrol) and religious works from religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Gnosticism, Judaism, and Christianity.

Here' a link to wikipedia were I found alot of this information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Matrix#Influences

EDiT: I must say that I truly love The Matrix so don't take this post as me bashing the movie.

Saying that something isn't original is something you can say about most movies made past a certain year. I don't know exactly what year that would be so I won't write anything specific but it's very rare to see a movie that is truly original these days.
For example Reservoir Dogs' plot is very similar to the last 20 minutes of the Hong Kong movie City On Fire.
Even such an original film as Memento has been acused of being a clone of the film Je t'aime, je t'aime from 1968 by Alain Resnais.

There's still originality to be found in movies made these days but for the most part originality is a thing of the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: XXHAPPY GILMORE
Would love to own this but as usual $29 for a back catalogue release is ridiculous.

I'm sure it'll be in the UK in no time. I know a lot of the TT ones are in the UK already.

Blue Lagoon being one of them. I really need to get on the ball and import it.