Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Japan]

axcraig

Premium Supporter
Jul 22, 2010
Paris - France
Just found this on Amazon japan with back and inside artwork. Should be the same artwork for the other countries.
Release Date: April 27th, 2012
Pre order here
91B5D4h3oZL_AA1500_.jpg

81IOcHo3uYL_AA1500_.jpg

51GCANLLRtL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone!

There's a discovery I made (or at least I think so :LOL:). The last copy of this movie on Amazon.co.jp was ordered by me and upon carefully checking the steelbook (I keep all my steelbooks sealed, so it was checked through the shrink wrap ;)), I found out that there is a cut in the middle of the spine. Thinking that this was a flaw in this particular piece (being the last piece on Amazon), I ordered another from eBay; it has the same flaw EEK!!

Maybe now the value of this steel is going to get higher than that of Korean & Taiwanese (i.e. only if they don't have a similar flaw :ohno:). Now this is exclusivity, isn't it? :D

What do you guys think?

Cuts in the spine was a plague we collectors dealt with a whole lot in 2012 ... there are good ones out there ... but we've worked on the slashed spine thing and we hardly see them these days. A minute but another accomplishment HDN can be proud of.

Japanese Steels are of the best quality. The text is always properly aligned and the printing is the same on all steels. They never feel clumsy or if you would have noticed, you will never find any play between the two halves. No doubt they are pricey, but the quality is the best out there!

:drool::drool::drool:Japanese Steels :drool::drool::drool:

Japanese Steels are of the best quality. The text is always properly aligned and the printing is the same on all steels. They never feel clumsy or if you would have noticed, you will never find any play between the two halves. No doubt they are pricey, but the quality is the best out there!

:drool::drool::drool:Japanese Steels :drool::drool::drool:

Agree. I have this and a couple of others (Underworld Awakening, Blade 1 & 2, Bladerunner) and they are all extremely nice. Shipping to Canada is definitely pricey, but I lucked into good prices on the steels themselves, so it all worked out.

Reactions: The Rainmaker
Agree. I have this and a couple of others (Underworld Awakening, Blade 1 & 2, Bladerunner) and they are all extremely nice. Shipping to Canada is definitely pricey, but I lucked into good prices on the steels themselves, so it all worked out.

That's right mate. Though these days we have these Taiwan and Korean steels being ultra rare and being sold for high prices on eBay and even here, but most of them are "Made in China" as I have been reading behind most of the Korean steels EEK!. But for quality conscious freaks like me, nothing beats the build quality and colors (print quality) of a Japanese Steel :drool:. If I have a Japanese steel, that is the rarest one for me ;).

But to each his own....:D

Cheers!

Reactions: SlimJim24
I have the Japan version and agree the quality of the steels from JP is the best. ;)

No slashed spine on mine though. Great slip on this too. :thumbs:

There isn't exactly a deep slash on the spine. It has what we call a slight mark and that too which is visible only at an angle, though it can be felt with your finger. It's between "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE" and "GHOST PROTOCOL". I hope it is visible in the picture below:

MIGhostProtocolSpineMark_zps262262c6.jpg

I've sold and purchased about 5 of these steels till date. And surprisingly all of them had that cut. If your doesn't, maybe it's an exception and a keeper for sure :drool:. Though if you ever decide to sell it, you know whom to contact ;).

There isn't exactly a deep slash on the spine. It has what we call a slight mark and that too which is visible only at an angle, though it can be felt with your finger. It's between "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE" and "GHOST PROTOCOL". I hope it is visible in the picture below:

MIGhostProtocolSpineMark_zps262262c6.jpg

I've sold and purchased about 5 of these steels till date. And surprisingly all of them had that cut. If your doesn't, maybe it's an exception and a keeper for sure :drool:. Though if you ever decide to sell it, you know whom to contact ;).

Hmm. Curious now. Mine is still sealed, and I didn't previously know about this apparent issue. Guess I'll have to check now.

Hmm. Curious now. Mine is still sealed, and I didn't previously know about this apparent issue. Guess I'll have to check now.

Sure mate. Would love to hear from you as we have been discussing this issue in the last few posts :).

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

light ones arent so bad ... its those damn deep ones. grrrrr.

You said it! :scat:

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

I have the same thing on the Steelbook Skyfall and as you said it's really light.

Are you talking about Skyfall Japan? Because I guess that hasn't been released yet and I hope so too :ohno:

Just checked my second copy and EEK! it has the faint line exactly where yours is !!!

So I have one without and one with the faint line. Would never have looked if you had not posted that picture. :hilarious:

May it rain on your house for a Thousand Days & Nights rainmaker :hilarious:

The line is so faint that it does not bother me though. :p

Just checked my second copy and EEK! it has the faint line exactly where yours is !!!

So I have one without and one with the faint line. Would never have looked if you had not posted that picture. :hilarious:

May it rain on your house for a Thousand Days & Nights rainmaker :hilarious:

The line is so faint that it does not bother me though. :p

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:......same here earthscope .Till the time it's a manufacturing defect and present on all such steels (not mine alone), I'm the happiest man on the face of this Earth :hilarious:

Reactions: earthscope
FWIW, I just checked my copy and I do see the very faint line you are talking about. You do seem to be able to feel it slightly as well. Guess we are all in the same boat.