bottleneck-gallery-Alice-X.-Zhang-moments.jpg

bottleneck-gallery-Alice-X.-Zhang-moments-leon-the-professional.jpg

bottleneck-gallery-Alice-X.-Zhang-moments-TheDarkKnight_alicexz.jpg

bottleneck-gallery-Alice-X.-Zhang-moments-lost-in-translation.jpg

bottleneck-gallery-Alice-X.-Zhang-moments-let-the-right-one-in.jpg

bottleneck-gallery-Alice-X.-Zhang-moments-pulp-fiction.jpg

bottleneck-gallery-Alice-X.-Zhang-moments-twwb.jpg

bottleneck-gallery-Alice-X.-Zhang-moments-the-gladiator.jpg

bottleneck-gallery-Alice-X.-Zhang-moments-EternalSunshineoftheSpotlessMind_alicexz.jpg

bottleneck-gallery-Alice-X.-Zhang-moments-TheFellowshipoftheRing_alicexz.jpg

bottleneck-gallery-Alice-X.-Zhang-moments-DjangoUnchained_alicexz.jpg

bottleneck-gallery-Alice-X.-Zhang-moments-the-departed.jpg

bottleneck-gallery-Alice-X.-Zhang-moments-slumdog-millionare.jpg

bottleneck-gallery-Alice-X.-Zhang-moments-IntheMoodforLove_alicexz.jpg

bottleneck-gallery-Alice-X.-Zhang-moments-2.jpg

bottleneck-gallery-Alice-X.-Zhang-moments-1.jpg

The-Prestige-Alice-X-Zhang.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I sent an email too and they confirmed they are 'customs friendly' so I've placed an order for 4 prints (Soliloquy, Something Extraordinary, Together We Will Live Forever and Three Years).

Anyone from the UK buy from the Bottleneck store? Just wondering if they're customs friendly? I'm interested in 2-3 prints from this collection but with them being pricey already, the customs fees will be through the roof!

Hey, just read this. Apologies if this is common knowlegde but are you aware that there is a tariff code (entered in the tarriff number box) for UK customs whereby all limited edition printed art is eligible for a 5% VAT rate, rather than the 20% usually charged on imports?

http://tinyurl.com/bcxt8z5 - section 11:

Original engravings, prints and lithographs, being impressions produced in limited numbers directly in black and white or in colour of one or several plates executed entirely by hand by the artist, irrespective of the process or of the material employed by him, but not including any mechanical or photomechanical process (Tariff code 9702 00 00).

I recently bought a print of Dru Struzan's The Thing Mondo and was charged 5% rather than 20% as the seller used the code above.

So, even if a seller isn't 'customs friendly' you could request they use this code. And if not, you can claim it back retrospectively.

Of course, still better to have under $15 declared :hilarious:

Hey, just read this. Apologies if this is common knowlegde but are you aware that there is a tariff code (entered in the tarriff number box) for UK customs whereby all limited edition printed art is eligible for a 5% VAT rate, rather than the 20% usually charged on imports?

http://tinyurl.com/bcxt8z5 - section 11:

I recently bought a print of Dru Struzan's The Thing Mondo and was charged 5% rather than 20% as the seller used the code above.

So, even if a seller isn't 'customs friendly' you could request they use this code. And if not, you can claim it back retrospectively.

Of course, still better to have under $15 declared :hilarious:

I thought I had posted this somewhere, but yeah when shipping prints to the UK, I have been asked to attach this next to the label.

Imported, limited edition, signed &
numbered silk-screen printed art
work. VAT should have been charged
at an effective rate of 5% using 'Tariff
Code 9702 00 00', according to HMRC
Notice 702, section 11.1. Please see
attached documentation.

I will add this to the general thread as well.