Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
idea-004.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
The Phantom. Reboot it entirely. You keep the Skulls of Touganda, you can keep Xander Drax as the villain, and just flesh out The Phantom's back story.

Then a year or so later, reboot Flash Gordon. Main villain is Kang the Cruel who abducts the earthlings to Mongo to take part in some insane game he's thought up for his amusement (or something like that). This reboot is not campy unlike the original movie, and in the end Flash kills Kang, steals a ship & heads for Earth. In a post-credit scene, we see a figure observing Flash's ship & discovers its destination. Camera pulls back to reveal Ming the Merciless.

A year & change later - Defenders of the Earth. Ming & his forces from Mongo have invaded Earth. Flash Gordon & The Phantom team up, along with Mandrake the Magician and Lothar. Their kids (Rick, Jedda, Kshin & L.J.) are optional. It doesn't need to evolve into a huge franchise or anything like that, just cap at a trilogy; Phantom, Flash Gordon, Defenders.

There's many so many times throughout my lifetime where I've wished for a sequel or remake... I don't even know where to begin. Here's some off the top of my head:

- TRON 3 from Joseph Kosinski and starring Garrett Hedlund, Olivia Wilde, and Cillian Murphy... not TRON 3 starring Jared Leto.

- 28 Months Later with Danny Boyle returning as director (though at this rate, it'll probably be 28 Years Later).

- A new Tenacious D film because I love The Pick of Destiny (which really needs a Blu-ray release).

- Speaking of Jack Black, I always wanted a School of Rock sequel.

- Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow deserves another go, as does director/writer Kerry Conran. James Cameron, Steven Spielberg, J.J. Abrams and all of the current greats couldn't do what they're doing today without the innovation that Conran brought to the game (he was ahead of his time and has ultimately paid for it).

- As for Conran, I always wanted to see a classic 1950s style Superman film directed by him. I think that would be magical.

- Bubba Nosferatu. I love Bubba Ho-Tep and Nosferatu was teased during the end credits. I'm hoping that Don Coscarelli one day goes back and makes it (preferably with Bruce Campbell again, too).

- Mallrats 2. It was a go, but now it's not. It's sad, really. I'm happy Kevin Smith is happy these days, but I haven't truly enjoyed one of his films since he became a full-time stoner thanks to Seth Rogen. I was hoping a return to the View Askewverse would change that.

- Small Soldiers 2. A light reboot featuring some of the original toys, but all-new human characters. With eBay and the toy aftermarket being so huge these days, there'd be great potential here. Hell, sign me up... I'll make it. :p

- Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5. I hate that it was happening and then Ridley stepped in and basically canned it on Neill. As cool as Covenant looks, I would've taken a direct, proper sequel to Aliens starring Ripley and Newt over another prequel any day of the week.

- A TrollHunter prequel with the original writer/director André Øvredal and star Otto Jespersen. I'd love to see his earlier years and some of his epic troll kills before he met the students from the first film.

- I would've liked a fourth The Chronicles of Narnia film with the original cast, but that's not going to happen. (n)

- Cloverfield 2. As in the actual sequel to Cloverfield. I want more of that and less 10 Cloverfield Lane.

- Hellboy 3. Again, that's sadly not going to happen. :(

- John Carpenter's Escape from Earth. Carpenter and Kurt Russell both name-dropped the third film years ago during the release of Escape from L.A. and I think it'd be awesome if both guys returned for one final Snake adventure (because I'm sure we definitely want a third film and not a reboot of the first film). Carpenter could end his career on a better note than he did (The Ward) and fans could finally have that third and final film. Wishful thinking, I suppose.

- Always wanted a third National Treasure film and I don't know why Disney didn't make a third after the massive success of the second film... but Nic Cage doesn't exactly draw a crowd anymore. Not like he did back then. I think if a third was created with him alongside the original director and screenwriters, it would be excellent... but I don't know if it would make the money.

- Keanu Reeves has been rather nostalgic lately. He's made a big comeback with John Wick and has discussed sequels to both The Matrix and Bill & Ted, so I'd absolutely love to see Speed 3. What happened to Jack Traven after Annie left to go on a cruise with wannabe Keanu and Willem Dafoe? To me, Keanu's Jack Traven could've easily headed a new action series like Die Hard. Too bad he didn't want return for Speed 2 back in the 1990s. Today, who knows? He may be game.

Okay, that's it for now. Maybe more later... :D

I'd love to, man, but I'd need the knowledge that he has when it comes to legends and everything from that side of the planet. Unless... hey @spass, want to write a movie? :p

Haha! :LOL:

Thing is though Ken, a very good friend of mine is actually Andre Øvredal's cousin. So you write it up and I'll get it to Øvredal. :p;)

I'd love to, man, but I'd need the knowledge that he has when it comes to legends and everything from that side of the planet. Unless... hey @spass, want to write a movie? :p

Thing is though Ken, a very good friend of mine is actually Andre Øvredal's cousin. So you write it up and I'll get it to Øvredal. :p;)
index.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon

If you're serious, then I'm totally serious. Can you recommend any books/sites that share knowledge on Norwegian legends/traditions that could relate to troll-hunting? ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: spass
I'm not sure how well this one would work or if anyone would even agree with me but this idea came to me when I last watched this movie.

Event Horizon.
The original I find gets a bit muddy around the middle. But it could totally be paired with something else & made way more interesting. So I'd propose you keep a lot of the original; the Event Horizon going missing, the distress signal, the Lewis & Clark setting out to recover it, them finding a massacre on board, but make it as gruesome as possible, the crew have been tortured into insanity and all butchered each other, something along those lines. The crew of the Lewis & Clark find the Horizon's video logs & watch back as the madness unfolds. The last shot is of the captain, spiked chains wrapped around his head, blinding him. He's screaming at the camera - "liberate tutee ex inferis" - save yourself from hell. The captain falls and behind him, holding on to the end of the spiked chains - Pinhead.

Yep, turn the damn thing into a Hellraiser movie seeing as it sort of already is. The Horizon's gravity drive opened a gateway into the hell dimension and summoned Pinhead & his cenobites. As I said, it might not entirely work but I do think it would suit the original tone of the movie.

Are you a scribe?
Shorts are difficult; though I admit I have never really tried.

Yup, sure am! Shorts are definitely difficult. I've written a few, but they never got off the ground. Quiver was a feature-length film. After shot, it ended up being around 110 minutes, but it was edited down to 90 minutes. That's still in post and honestly, I have no idea whether you'll ever see it. I'm crossing my fingers, but who knows? At least there's a couple trailers to prove that it exists.

• Thanks
Reactions: PunkNinja
I'm not sure how well this one would work or if anyone would even agree with me but this idea came to me when I last watched this movie.

Event Horizon.
The original I find gets a bit muddy around the middle. But it could totally be paired with something else & made way more interesting. So I'd propose you keep a lot of the original; the Event Horizon going missing, the distress signal, the Lewis & Clark setting out to recover it, them finding a massacre on board, but make it as gruesome as possible, the crew have been tortured into insanity and all butchered each other, something along those lines. The crew of the Lewis & Clark find the Horizon's video logs & watch back as the madness unfolds. The last shot is of the captain, spiked chains wrapped around his head, blinding him. He's screaming at the camera - "liberate tutee ex inferis" - save yourself from hell. The captain falls and behind him, holding on to the end of the spiked chains - Pinhead.

Yep, turn the damn thing into a Hellraiser movie seeing as it sort of already is. The Horizon's gravity drive opened a gateway into the hell dimension and summoned Pinhead & his cenobites. As I said, it might not entirely work but I do think it would suit the original tone of the movie.

Cool premise, but doubtful Clive Barker would go for it. Nevertheless, I see what you're going for and it could work.

I would love to see a live action version of Monster House

One of the best animated films ever made. I watch it every year on Halloween and probably will for the rest of my life. I never get sick of Monster House!

I'd be down with a live-action film. Honestly, it's strange that it wasn't live-action to begin with (produced by Spielberg & Zemeckis; written by Dan Harmon; directed by the guy who'd go on to direct the remake of Poltergeist (which is live-action) -- all natural ingredients for a good, suspenseful live-action film).