New Comic Book Day (NCBD) & Latest Pick Up Haul!

Graphic novel haul...

image.jpg

Reactions: Asopp
This is all my newest stuff that, for one reason or another, has not made it into one of my short boxes yet.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420199444.092855.jpg

I haven't found that I'm a big fan of anything Marvel post-Bronze Age. However, I thought owning the #1 Lady Thor & #1 Black Captain America (formerly known as The Falcon) might be a good thing some years down the road. The Axis Carnage #1 was bought out of sheer curiosity. Funny to see Carnage as a good guy.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420199622.973499.jpg

I've always been a bigger fan of DC than Marvel, and pretty much ANYTHING that Scott Snyder writes is money! The Arkham Manor series has been able to catch and hold (the latter being the more difficult to achieve) my attention thus far. They've turned Wayne Manor into the new Arkham Asylum...couldn't say no to that!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420199826.525388.jpg

October Faction is an independent horror series (published by IDW) I found while perusing the comic shop for something new. I've been pleasantly surprised! Since it doesn't have 37 variants like all the big name comics (e.g. Marvel & DC) seem to these days, I decided to pick up both the regular versions and subscription variants. The initial reason I picked this one up off of the shelf was because of the cover art. So it's nice to have multiple covers for all of them. Although, I am missing the regular version of #1. Need to go back and find it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420200103.695609.jpg

Got this little beauty at MondoCon. Couldn't say no to the opportunity to own a miniature version of the Stout art for one of my favorite nostalgia films...especially not for the price!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420200208.204784.jpg

Last and obviously NOT least is Wytches. This is a new horror series published by Image. It's written by Scott Snyder (mentioned above, below the pic of the DC comics) and drawn by Jock (aka one of my favorite artists PERIOD). The top row starts with Images Fall Preview issue (which shows a preview of all their upcoming comics starting Fall '14) and includes all the regular versions of the first three issues. The bottom row has the 2nd prints of issues #1&2 and variants of issues #2&3 (which when butted up against each other make one image).

Wytches has commanded quite a bit of attention, even though they are an "independent" comic. I believe it was either right after (or possibly right before) the first issue was released, they were optioned by Brad Pitt's production company to potentially make a movie. That's pretty damn amazing considering hardly any (and possibly none) of the story had been laid out at that point! Whether you're a Scott Snyder fan, into horror comics or none of the above; I HIGHLY RECOMMEND checking these books out!!! The writing is fantastic, and I'm sure I don't have to tell most of you (if not all) that the artistry is nothing short of AMAZING!!!

Last edited:
Couldn't pass these up when I saw the lot on eBay. They invoke a feeling of nostalgia from me being like 8-9 years old and me starting to collect comic books. Chris Claremont & Jim Lee's X-Men were rivaled by none...Well, there was another duo that did it just a little bit better [emoji12]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421331692.720551.jpg

This is all 5 of the X-Men #1's from Claremont/Lee's series

Nice hauls, @mlmaier84! I recently read those X-Men issues... they haven't held up (sadly). Jim Lee's art is still gorgeous, but Chris Claremont's writing on that arc was quite horrendous. Enjoy Saga! :D
You know, I haven't read these in some time. I just remember as a kid, Xmen being my favorite above all!!!! Lee's artwork will ALWAYS hold up though!!!

Reactions: tridon
Got these over the last couple of days...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423277625.562226.jpg

Arkham Manor #4 came in a few days ago. I preordered both Spawn #250 (w/ Jock covers) over a month ago and have been giddy as a school girl waiting on them. They did 6 "regular" covers for this issue (varying in degrees of rarity) and then some variants. The color cover is the "regular" cover D & the Black & White is the variant of the same cover (obviously). As usual, Jock has done nothing short of an AMAZING JOB!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423277893.152199.jpg

Here are all 6 "regular" covers:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423277986.277661.jpg

Artists:
A.) Todd McFarlane
B.) Greg Capullo
C.) Skottie Young
D.) Jock
E.) Sean Murphy
F.) Phillip Tan

Here are the 4 variants they did:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423278336.242685.jpg

Last edited:
@mlmaier84 some nice spawn covers you have there .

Used to be a huge spawn fan myself had every issue upto 180 and stupidly sold them , really regret it now and have been thing of re collecting them .

Reactions: mlmaier84
@mlmaier84 some nice spawn covers you have there .

Used to be a huge spawn fan myself had every issue upto 180 and stupidly sold them , really regret it now and have been thing of re collecting them .

Luckily, Spawn's price values haven't really inflated over the years, so that would be pretty doable. Of course, if you start looking into variant covers and whatnot, then it could become a rather pricey venture.

Reactions: mlmaier84
@tridon thats exactly my problem , I'd start off with just the issues but the variants always seem to drag me in .

I started collecting darkchyld a good few years back and got carried away with the variants available , luckily I still have them

I've picked these up over the last week or two...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424977595.886049.jpg

Wytches #4

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424977619.970698.jpg

Spawn #250 Cover A

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424977694.293410.jpg

Suiciders #1 [Vertigo] Jock Variant & Batman #39 Andy Kubert Variant

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424977798.435834.jpg

Arkham Manor #5 & Batman TPB Vol. 1 "The Court of Owls"

Reactions: tridon and Asopp