New Comic Book Day (NCBD) & Latest Pick Up Haul!

I started with Doctor Strange rather a long time ago, drifted away and then Cyberforce brought me back. Since then I've been a fan of the Image neck of the woods, finding myself drawn to non-mainstream stuff. I usually trade-in my comics to get the graphic novel, my preferred format. Despite my recent financial woes, the shelf is still pretty healthy. Just waiting for a certain rarer-than-rocking-horse-poo graphic to arrive from Ontario... :D
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/69/img2013042300392.jpg
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7569/img2013042300393.jpg
I'm down to only one box of comics, I'll put some pics up next time I'm rummaging.

:scat:

Join the SAGA thread after you read it so we can discuss it! :p

I started with Doctor Strange rather a long time ago, drifted away and then Cyberforce brought me back. Since then I've been a fan of the Image neck of the woods, finding myself drawn to non-mainstream stuff. I usually trade-in my comics to get the graphic novel, my preferred format. Despite my recent financial woes, the shelf is still pretty healthy. Just waiting for a certain rarer-than-rocking-horse-poo graphic to arrive from Ontario... :D
I'm down to only one box of comics, I'll put some pics up next time I'm rummaging.

That's an awesome-looking set of TPBs you have there, Jae! Doctor Strange and CyberForce... it's funny to hear someone say that those are the books that got them into comics. Props for such unique choices! Image Comics is the place where I spend most of my time these days, too. I wish Dale Keown would release all the Pitt issues in TPB form. As for the "rarer-than-rocking-horse-poo graphic to arrive from Ontario", I picked it up from the shop today while getting my comics, so it'll be sent out this week! It's autographed by both creators, too! :naughty:

That's an awesome-looking set of TPBs you have there, Jae!

Thank you.

I love the GN format. For all my reading, it is the format that comes nearest to conveying the dynamism of a film for me (when it is done well).

Midnight Nation by J. Michael Straczynski ranks as one of my favourite stories of all time.

It's autographed by both creators, too! :naughty:

Oh, that's just rude... and hugely appreciated. :LOL:

Thank you.

I love the GN format. For all my reading, it is the format that comes nearest to conveying the dynamism of a film for me (when it is done well).

Midnight Nation by J. Michael Straczynski ranks as one of my favourite stories of all time.

I have yet to read Midnight Nation, but JMS is one of my favourite writers out there, so I know it'll be great. I really want to read his Rising Stars, too.

I really want to read his Rising Stars, too.

You should, but make sure you have all three TPB before you start.:D Another one of my top ten graphic novels and I rank it close to Watchmen in the costumed superhero genre. I also highly recommend Black Summer by Ellis and Ryp.

You should, but make sure you have all three TPB before you start.:D Another one of my top ten graphic novels and I rank it close to Watchmen in the costumed superhero genre. I also highly recommend Black Summer by Ellis and Ryp.

I actually have the digital Compendium of Rising Stars. I bought it through comiXology last summer when it was on sale for a day. It collects the entire series and all the mini-series.

Black Summer, eh? I'll have to check that out one day. Ellis is hit or miss with me most of the time. Sometimes his writing is just too out there for me to enjoy.

Two cool surprises in my mailbox this morning. First up is the rare comiXology black and white variant for Invincible #100. Limited to only 500 copies, comiXology handed this issue out to during the ComicsPRO summit only to retailers who were signed up to their digital retailer service. My puppy Penny kept walking up to the comic when I was trying to snap the pic, so I said, "F**k it, you want to be in the pic, so be it!" :p

photo.JPG

Next up is an ultra-limited retailer promo poster for Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples' SAGA. This will be framed and on my wall as soon as possible!

photo (1).JPG

All-in-all, a good haul day, I'd say! :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: vurt and Pharaoh
That's a pair of finds and a cute pup you have there.

Just got my outsize sketch #1 of Hex the Lost Tribe, but the international postage costs mean I'll have to pass on further issues. They doubled the cost of the comic!

Reactions: tridon
The majority of my comic collection, issues/graphic novels are stored at the minute
coz I'm out of shelf space so can't really post pics of it without it being a chore but
here's some pics of my more recent purchases (minus issues)

2zq7w52.jpg

29s76h.jpg

1eq6f6.jpg

These are what the covers of those ^^^ look like, still another 20 ish to be released before the spine image is completed, not convinced it'll fit on the bookshelf though ha

34hyoas.jpg

Marvel Zomnibus

21e5ish.jpg

3020x0z.jpg

Hush Absolute edition

33pbign.jpg

zvrlm9.jpg

21ea2x.jpg

Angel - After the fall slipcase edition

2vv9tfs.jpg

Skottie Young Marvel Now baby Litho collection and Promo Poster

35lc2dg.jpg

Few graphic novels that I remembered where in an accessible box

wl7n7s.jpg

Few of the framed one's I've got up at the minute all signed by the artists

vh9lsj.jpg

a2dok5.jpg

ehkui1.jpg

some of the pics I took failed to upload, no idea why...

Last edited:
The majority of my comic collection, issues/graphic novels are stored at the minute
coz I'm out of shelf space so can't really post pics of it without it being a chore but
here's some pics of my more recent purchases (minus issues)

2zq7w52.jpg

29s76h.jpg

1eq6f6.jpg

These are what the covers of those ^^^ look like, still another 20 ish to be released before the spine image is completed, not convinced it'll fit on the bookshelf though ha

34hyoas.jpg

Marvel Zomnibus

21e5ish.jpg

3020x0z.jpg

Hush Absolute edition

33pbign.jpg

zvrlm9.jpg

21ea2x.jpg

Angel - After the fall slipcase edition

2vv9tfs.jpg

Skottie Young Marvel Now baby Litho collection and Promo Poster

35lc2dg.jpg

Few graphic novels that I remembered where in an accessible box

wl7n7s.jpg

Few of the framed one's I've got up at the minute all signed by the artists

some of the pics I took failed to upload, no idea why...

EEK!

Awesome collection, Pharaoh! Those 'Marvel Ultimate Graphic Novels Collection' editions are gorgeous! I love everything about those things! Too bad I already own most of those stories in other formats. Everything else is great, too! That Angel HC looks cool, as does the Skottie Young Marvel babies poster. Hopefully you can add up your framed comics at a later date. You can attach your photos directly through HDN if your photo-hosting site isn't working properly.

Reactions: Pharaoh
thanks, I've added the pics of a few of the framed pieces I've got up right now;
they're poster size prints not comics I thought I'd added them to that post but forgot to.
Yea the Angel one I havent read yet, it's a hard slipcase with the 4 TPB inside it.

I've fell behind on my reading lately, just read a couple comics now though "Ten Grand"
and "Thanos Rising #2" both good. "Ten Grand" started off really well gonna put that on
my list of regular purchases.

They're doing a new set for those graphic novels but it's gonna be character based
rather than story based, so it'll focus one issue on Wolverine then Wasp, Scarlet Witch
etc with standout issues and a bio

jfc6fc.jpg

the stuff that wouldnt upload were more graphic novels and some random stuff...

thanks, I've added the pics of a few of the framed pieces I've got up right now;
they're poster size prints not comics I thought I'd added them to that post but forgot to.
Yea the Angel one I havent read yet, it's a hard slipcase with the 4 TPB inside it.

I've fell behind on my reading lately, just read a couple comics now though "Ten Grand"
and "Thanos Rising #2" both good. "Ten Grand" started off really well gonna put that on
my list of regular purchases.

They're doing a new set for those graphic novels but it's gonna be character based
rather than story based, so it'll focus one issue on Wolverine then Wasp, Scarlet Witch
etc with standout issues and a bio

jfc6fc.jpg

the stuff that wouldnt upload were more graphic novels and some random stuff...

I'll definitely check out Ten Grand. J. Michael Straczynski is the reason I got back into Amazing Spider-Man and Thor and his Supreme Power run was incredible. Ben Templesmith is a favourite artist of mine, too; I'm a huge 30 Days of Night fan.

That TPB collection looks pretty cool, though I think I prefer the spines on the HC series.

And those framed lithographs!!! :drool:
I'd kill for that Wolverine vs. Hulk litho with the Herb Trimpe sketch! EEK!EEK!EEK!

Reactions: Pharaoh
The new set is HC too. Yea J. Michael Straczynski is dope I'll check anything he does
just on the strength of his Thor work alone and Templesmiths art is quality I think you'll
enjoy it...

The new set is HC too. Yea J. Michael Straczynski is dope I'll check anything he does
just on the strength of his Thor work alone and Templesmiths art is quality I think you'll
enjoy it...

Oh, the new set is HC, too? Wow... might have to check that one out. Looks like Marco Djurdjevic painted the spine for that series and I do love his work -- though I think I still prefer Gabriele Dell'Otto's spine for the series that you own. :)