New Comic Book Day (NCBD) & Latest Pick Up Haul!

Amazing haul again :thumbs: I don't collect single issues but I NEED those last two DC rebirth from Jock and Sienkiewicz :wow:
Thanks @dan8885 ! I normally don't collect single issues. I am not a huge comic guy - but what I love I go after.
So I do like single issues when it is an artist I love. (Jock, Sienkiewicz, Ben Templesmith, Frank Miller).
It is impossible for me to not have the single issues with the cover art for Elektra Assassin, 30 Days of Night, etc.
But, usually I do go for the graphic novel when that becomes too much.
With SANDMAN, I bought the hardbound SANDMAN OMNIBUS books. First- because they are beautiful! And Second- because I am not going to chase down that many comic books!!
image.jpeg

Thanks @dan8885 ! I normally don't collect single issues. I am not a huge comic guy - but what I love I go after.
So I do like single issues when it is an artist I love. (Jock, Sienkiewicz, Ben Templesmith, Frank Miller).
It is impossible for me to not have the single issues with the cover art for Elektra Assassin, 30 Days of Night, etc.
But, usually I do go for the graphic novel when that becomes too much.
With SANDMAN, I bought the hardbound SANDMAN OMNIBUS books. First- because they are beautiful! And Second- because I am not going to chase down that many comic books!!
View attachment 261293

I tried to find the singles from Jock and Sienkiewicz online over here but no shop got them. Next is UK but with shipping it's 12 EUR for one :(

Sandman looks beautiful! I bought the Absolutes of Vol 1 and 2. Still need 3 and 4. The additional 5 and Death Absolute.

Reactions: C.C. 95
I tried to find the singles from Jock and Sienkiewicz online over here but no shop got them. Next is UK but with shipping it's 12 EUR for one :(

Sandman looks beautiful! I bought the Absolutes of Vol 1 and 2. Still need 3 and 4. The additional 5 and Death Absolute.
Check Midtown Comics in the U.S., and see what they offer for shipping on those comics.
You should post pics of the Absolutes Volumes! I have never seen them.:thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Asopp and dan8885
Thanks for that mate, but shipping is 34 USD for a single issue :squint:

Here are some quick snapshots of Vol 1 and 2. Beautiful books!

View attachment 261301 View attachment 261300 View attachment 261299 View attachment 261298 View attachment 261297
Wow. Those are gorgeous!
Maybe I should get those too!!:LOL:
I forgot to mention that Dave McKean is also one of my favorite artists.
Why on Earth would it cost 34 dollars to ship a comic to Germany?!
(I mean, I have never shipped to Germany, but is it really that much?)

Last edited:
Reactions: dan8885
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: dan8885
I checked. And the lowest to Germany is first class for $22 via USPS. (I don't know how Midtown Comics ships). However, it seems that for that $22, you can ship up to 2 pounds.

Thanks bud. It's still quite expensive. I'll see if it's worth to get to 2 pounds of stuff.

Btw Jock just posted a print what he will release on Forbidden Planet UK for his Book release in September. Look what's behind the American Alien print.
Seems like the Batman cover from your single issue :wow::watch::woot: I want to get BOTH :rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95 and Asopp
Reactions: C.C. 95
@dan8885 have you looked over https://www.mycomicshop.com the shipping about the as midtown do

Thanks bud. I just registered. It's 13 USD for a single issue. Need to see how much I can add for the 13 USD. Definitely a little bit cheaper.
What I didn't mentioned there also the customs who want 19 % :bag:

The hardcover prices are crazy over here. When I see that people in the US pay 40-60 USD for a DC Absolute via instocktrades and I pay like 100-120 EUR for a new release it's crazy.

I got really interested in that Harley rebirth variant too :):thumbs:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HARLEY-QU...938401?hash=item568b573fa1:g:PmoAAOSw0UdXqGt0

@C.C. 95 @dan8885 Found one for 10£ on ebay, includes shipping :thumbs: Not that cheap but what can you do, when you dont have any comic book stores in your country (Finland) :meh:

I got comic stores in my city but they stock mostly translated in german. So no help for me ...

Thanks bud. I just registered. It's 13 USD for a single issue. Need to see how much I can add for the 13 USD. Definitely a little bit cheaper.
What I didn't mentioned there also the customs who want 19 % :bag:

The hardcover prices are crazy over here. When I see that people in the US pay 40-60 USD for a DC Absolute via instocktrades and I pay like 100-120 EUR for a new release it's crazy.

I got comic stores in my city but they stock mostly translated in german. So no help for me ...

I´ve yet to be hit with custom on orders from mycomicshop (knock wood, fingers crossed throwing salt over my shoulder) but gotten hit with if from midtown was a larg order which I´ve gotten past from mycomics

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dan8885 and C.C. 95
I´ve yet to be hit with custom on orders from mycomicshop (knock wood, fingers crossed throwing salt over my shoulder) but gotten hit with if from midtown was a larg order which I´ve gotten past from mycomics

Was it just luck or do they mark the package down?

Why do you think that is?
(Both are great. i have ordered from both of them)

I don´t both where larger orders came in boxes, it might be it get sent by copenhagen then accross the bridge to malmö or stockholm, seems the customs officers in stockholm likes to find things get me to pay customs for

@dan8885
I´ve gone try to find the box from mycomicshop (order was for about 130$) nope comicshop didn´t mark it down either

I know that midtown didn´t mark it down (order was for about 140$ inc shipping)

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Asopp and dan8885