Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
new-york-comic-con-logo.jpg

October 10-13
Javits Center

VIP (Special and Ultimate Access), 4 Day, 3 Day, Saturday, and Sunday tickets sold out online. Retailers have varying tickets left, but doubtful on 3 Days

Buy Individual day tickets here - while available

Thursday - $30 Likely Running Low
Friday - $40 Sold Out
Saturday - Sold Out
Sunday - Sold Out

Local retailer tickets on sale now
Find your local retailer here

Here is the link to the NYCC Store Exclusives, Exhibitor Exclusives to follow

This should be the link for the Panels once announced - TBU in case it isn't

Here is a list of the Artists and Guests (not Artist Alley Yet) Coming to NYCC

Download the mobile App and get updates and keep track of your show

Anyone else planning on going, I got a pre-sale opportunity on Tuesday for having bought VIP last year so I bought my ticket. Anyone else here planning on going.

FYI
If you are going and want those autograph tickets you have to like their page to enter in the autograph drawings, which takes place September 25

more info here:
http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/Whos-Coming/Autographs/Free-Private-Autographing/

direct link here:
https://apps.tradablebits.com/fb/VLEb

Have at it.

OH YEAH IT'S A COMIC CON YEAR FOR MLL!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So after the con I can give a report on what I saw and did. Overall it was a good show, though I maintain the loss of some big exhibitors from previous years put a damper on things in my opinion and in 2012 I just had some really cool luck.

superherostuff, ubisoft and a few others had 2 booths each; another exhibitor had 3 booths; and the biggest offender Stylinonline had 4 booths. Yet Hasbro, Lego, Mondo, Bioware and a few other exhibitors that I have gone to in the past were missing too. To me the exhibit floor is tops so it was disappointing. I mean I know their focus is on comics so they don't get the movies studios on the exhibit floor, but the others should be there.

As to Panels I did see a lot. Some good ones I saw were Comic Book Men, The Walking Dead 10th Anniversary (comics), Robot Chicken, Starz Network, Jim Henson the Biography, Superman 75th Anniversary, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Walking Dead (show), Hercules, Defiance, and Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny (who were both high)

and I stopped in on I Have no sewing Machine but I Must Cosplay (I knew the moderator), The Charity Auction, and the NYCC Crew Talkback

Other cool stuff, Publishers were very cool with lots of book giveaways. Artist Alley is huge and I have ever increasing great times. The crowds were bad but more manageable than previous years and security was actually very good, I mean they were firm but not asses which can go a long way to having a good or bad experience

But I know what you people really want. PHOTOS :scat:

Well you can't get any photos :hilarious:

OH Alright

Show Floor and Costumes

LolA! The Actual Lola!

MY FAVORITE COSTUME!! :drool:

Panels

Swag

I found the crazy cat people (stan lee people) exceptionally rude as well and almost got into a fight with them on Sunday morning. They moved his signing location so I knew to head over to the room they moved the signing to as opposed to the booth but they told us he was signing at 10AM. I got to the line 9:40 and was 5th on line. They kept saying 10AM (multiple times) until Stan finally showed up at 10:45. Now I understand Stan Lee is usually a bit late but anything more than 20 minutes is rude and people should be better informed.

I was desperate at that point cause I did not want to miss any of the defiance panel at 11. Then they had him signing stack of comics for profession resellers until almost 10:57 (I was staring at my watch intently) at which point I was literally going at it with this little punk from their booth who then tried to tell me to leave the room and get a refund. Like I had not just wasted $170 (2 pops and 2 autographs, 1 for me and 1 for tridon) and 80 minutes on line. I was almost close to calling him out of the room after I got my signatures. :angry: :angry:

on the other hand the Image/Skybound people were exceptionally nice and cool throughout the show

This was my art purchase. It was not $425, that was my coat check number in the VIP room, but this was a piece drawn by Steve Ellis that was used on a cover of a DnD issue, so it was not cheap either

This is the issue
http://old.brokenfrontier.com/userfiles/images/solicitations/2012/06_jun/idw/DungeonsDragons_ForgottenRealms_03-Cvr.jpg

Full album here, there are subfolders so closer to 300 photos
http://s1364.photobucket.com/user/mllNY/library/NYCC?sort=3&page=1

Sweet pics there Mike! I had to enlarge some of them for a closer look hehe. Looks like you had a hell of a time :oohyeah:
Except for that Stan Lee debacle.

What's your next con? I'm lovin the pictures dude :thumbs:

That white Camaro was pretty nice. When I was there on Friday the guy only had the girl on the door done and was working on the back hood. Hopefully next year we see some of those other bigger vendors come back. I don't know how you did it all four days tough. One was enough for me.

Been going to NYCC since its second show. This year was quite boring. I'm surprised DC did not have a booth this year. Seems like a lot of big exhibitors skipped this year. Though artist alley seems alot bigger than last year. Certainly alot better than SDCC's artist alley. NYCC's programming schedule just can't compete to SDCC's.

Yes Artist Alley is bigger at NYCC, but actually SDCC had a Fantasy Artist section which is great cause that's the art I appreciate the most.

I think the panels were bigger this year than previous NYCCs but they just need to get the A level stars from the shows