NFL SUNDAY TICKET App, Available Today on PlayStation Network

Jan 27, 2009
Anaheim,Ca
425743a7-07c2-19a6.jpg

We recently announced our partnership with DIRECTV to bring their most popular sports subscription service, NFL SUNDAY TICKET, directly to you via your PlayStation 3. Starting later today, you can access the direct link in the My Channels category under the TV/Video Services icon on the XMB (XrossMediaBar) or head over to the media category of the PlayStation Store to download the app in anticipation of the new 2011 NFL season.

This Sunday, PS3 owners without access to DIRECTV will be able to live stream every out-of-market Sunday NFL game on their PS3 with a subscription to NFL SUNDAY TICKET. You’ll be able to enhance your NFL experience with live multi-game scoreboards and field position trackers, which also allow you to access highlights, stats, standings and schedules, as well as the Red Zone Channel, which gives you live coverage of Sunday’s most exciting moments. The subscription for the 2011 season can be purchased directly through the app for $339.95. Existing subscribers can use the PS3 as an additional receiver in their home, as part of their NFL SUNDAY TICKET To-Go package, which is purchased through DIRECTV.

Click link for Video
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...t-app-available-today-on-playstation-network/

Last edited:
It's a extra service that let's you watch games on PC, mobile phones and tablets. And in this case. The PS3 for current DIRECTV subs. I think in the movers promotion it includes Sunday Ticket to go. If not its only 50 bucks to add it.

Oh and AMCHD is coming Friday. Just in case you like that channel.

Last edited:
but if you are a direct tv subscriber, how much does it cost then ... cause its still not technically free?

I was under the impression by the email I was sent that I had to have direct tv as well as pay the fee. I didnt read it word for word so I could have skipped over something.

If you're not a DIRECTV sub you can do 4 payments of 80 something dollars. As a DIRECTV sub you have to get Sunday Ticket with runs like 320 and get the Sunday Ticket to go to use the PS3 which is an additional 50 bucks.

Reactions: Wreck
Has anyone actually used this besides me LOL. I think its freaking awesome!! I had to take down my satellite last weekend to replace it with a newer one. Couldn't put it back up due to rain showing up. I still got to watch my football on my PS3 :scat:

For DirecTV subscribers I know they offer a discount after halfway through the season. I don't know if they will discount the PS3 package though. That may be up to Sony.