3. My Name is Khan
  4. Ditto
  5. Sin City: A Dame to Kill for
  6. The Isle
  7. Wadjda
  8. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  9. Big Eyes
  10. Under the Skin
  11. The Lovers on the Bridge (Les Amants du Pont-Neuf)
  12. Sue, Mai & Sawa: Righting the Girl Ship
  13. Amy
  14. A Bittersweet Life
  15. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Upon launch of the Shopping Online Mall, there will be an event for new customers.

Attachments

• nova.jpg
    nova.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 968
Last edited by a moderator:
can anyone confirm if they ever had issues with getting points as Nova are still trying to say they dont owe me a point for each of my last 3 orders - two $51.99 and the other was over $60)

they are STILL trying to say that the $50 should be item cost MINUS shipping. But I got a point for my first order, Begin Again which wouldnt qualify unless postage was included - WITH postage it was $51.99

what gives? I fear they are trying to con me out of points :(

@yeslek the point is only for item $50 above, I was told the same thing. I purchased AntMan at $49, I did not received any rewards point

Seems that Nova has been quiet since after AntMan exclusive..

I have just read a few of the comments on facebook from annoyed customers

The comments are expected due to Novamedia poor quality server when it comes to high demand release it don't have the capacity to run smoothly

The replies not from Novamedia themselves some were very mocking and not helpful no names mentioned

Customers want value for their money and to be able to purchase direct like you do with any normal retailer that ships worldwide

Customers want retail price plus standard shipping.

Novamedia need to invest in their website system to handle large amount of Internet traffic

Group buys are helpful but Novamedia can help customers save money by offering direct shipping in my opinion

But they can have lot more happier and repeat customers to their website if they spend the money and invest in their website or rent server capacity when required

I ordered using Novamedia website I paid today for my lenti $47.99 and that includes shipping direct to my home

After Terminator 2 server issues yesterday
Star Wars will be lot worse if the print run is low or amount of stock available to order online is greatly reduced due to revered stock allocated to various group buy
Novamedia have a online webstore it's purpose is let customers place an order pay for the goods and complete the transaction

It's purpose it not meant to be can't get to checkout and not complete an order

They need to purchase the equipment so all customers have straight forward easy process of ordering an item for sale

When its sold out that's fine but not really useful if you add to cart and can't get to complete checkout

It's like going into a supermarket and the can of beans is glued to the shelf and not possible to purchase it :rofl:

last i knew NM uses amazon web services for their servers and such. its not about them buying better hardware etc. All they have to do is purchase more bandwidth and such from them and all will be fine. They can easily avoid this if they want but refuse to. I am not sure how much it costs to scale your needs for a day or so and then scale it back down or if you can even do it on a daily basis but I am sure they could fix the issues with ease if they wanted. They just havent needed to fix them yet.

Either way i have used the GB from Aniv the last several releases and always got my 1 click. I am on the list for this release as well. I might or might not be available for the release on NM site but i am not going to risk it or fool with their issues. it used to be fun and didnt mind it but now its just a joke and since a GB is available, im in everytime.

last i knew NM uses amazon web services for their servers and such. its not about them buying better hardware etc. All they have to do is purchase more bandwidth and such from them and all will be fine. They can easily avoid this if they want but refuse to. I am not sure how much it costs to scale your needs for a day or so and then scale it back down or if you can even do it on a daily basis but I am sure they could fix the issues with ease if they wanted. They just havent needed to fix them yet.

Either way i have used the GB from Aniv the last several releases and always got my 1 click. I am on the list for this release as well. I might or might not be available for the release on NM site but i am not going to risk it or fool with their issues. it used to be fun and didnt mind it but now its just a joke and since a GB is available, im in everytime.
Would you not prefer if it was possible to order direct like any normal retailer website and pay normal price with standard shipping

Group buys are helpful but the Nova ones it's nearly double the cost compared to ordering direct
It's not the GB host fault as using a hub method you have double shipping costs and general costs

If Nova are not willing to invest the financial outlay for better bandwidth
Offer the GB host shipping direct to customers instead of having customers ending up paying nearly double the price

If most of the other retailers can have easy to use webstore Nova should also be the same
I know it's not cheap but longterm investment in webstore structure pays for itself over time

@paulboland

Sure I would. I still do for all kimchi orders and have never missed a 1 click from their site. I just looked though at a previous GB with Aniv and a time where i ordered from Nova as well and the total price was within $10 of each other. That gap might be more on some releases and I know its more for you guys across the pond by for me the GB option is perfect for Nova releases.

Reactions: paulboland
I have just read a few of the comments on facebook from annoyed customers

The comments are expected due to Novamedia poor quality server when it comes to high demand release it don't have the capacity to run smoothly

The replies not from Novamedia themselves some were very mocking and not helpful no names mentioned

Customers want value for their money and to be able to purchase direct like you do with any normal retailer that ships worldwide

Customers want retail price plus standard shipping.

Novamedia need to invest in their website system to handle large amount of Internet traffic

Group buys are helpful but Novamedia can help customers save money by offering direct shipping in my opinion

But they can have lot more happier and repeat customers to their website if they spend the money and invest in their website or rent server capacity when required

I ordered using Novamedia website I paid today for my lenti $47.99 and that includes shipping direct to my home

Exactly THIS!

There are at least 200 one-clicks reserved for GBs. If the rest is split between local an international customers there are at max 50 one-clicks to order from their website. Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

I'm not even sure if i'm into a one-click at all, but i don't know if you got my point.
GB's seem to become a bigger problem for those, that actually want to order from the retailers directly.
I'm not saying that GB's are a bad thing in general, not at all, but with amounts like this availalbe for ONE of MANY GB's (as you correctly mentioned), it might end up in a very frustrating result for those ordering directly - and that's unfair in my eyes.

At least the number of the single editions is kept low, so there should be enough left...

@Aniv , are the one-clicks offered in your GB actual one-clicks (i.e. #001-#200), or simply all three variants together with a random numbering?

I'm not even sure if i'm into a one-click at all, but i don't know if you got my point.
GB's seem to become a bigger problem for those, that actually want to order from the retailers directly.
I'm not saying that GB's are a bad thing in general, not at all, but with amounts like this availalbe for ONE of MANY GB's (as you correctly mentioned), it might end up in a very frustrating result for those ordering directly - and that's unfair in my eyes.

At least the number of the single editions is kept low, so there should be enough left...

@Aniv , are the one-clicks offered in your GB actual one-clicks (i.e. #001-#200), or simply all three variants together with a random numbering?

I totally got your point. I missed ant-man and T2 because I didn't want to pay extra for the GB. I mean why should I join a GB when the retailer got a webstore where I can order directly? :squint:
GBs were supposed to be for collectors but I got a feeling retailers found out that it's much easier for them to sell their products via GBs.
A lot of Ninjas (including me) join Nova GBs because their terrible servers make it nearly impossible to order one of the few copies left.
I've actually never seen a company that cares less about their customers..

And yes, the one-clicks from the GB are low numbered.

Reactions: ty233

All matching numbers within the 1 click range. I dont know which numbers ;)

• Informative
Reactions: monsterzebra
I totally got your point. I missed ant-man and T2 because I didn't want to pay extra for the GB. I mean why should I join a GB when the retailer got a webstore where I can order directly? :squint:
GBs were supposed to be for collectors but I got a feeling retailers found out that it's much easier for them to sell their products via GBs.
A lot of Ninjas (including me) join Nova GBs because their terrible servers make it nearly impossible to order one of the few copies left.
I've actually never seen a company that cares less about their customers..

And yes, the one-clicks from the GB are low numbered.

Now hold on for a minute. You think this company doesnt care for its customers yet you continue to purchase? Am I missing something?

Its like all those salty vulgar comments on Nova's Facebook page yesterday and you expect them to take kindly to it. HDZETA doesnt even host a GB here anymore for the most part nor do they make certain editions available on their webstore. Would you like that better instead?

HDN is not the only forum where GB's are hosted. With these recent comments I will reconsider hosting a GB in here but it wont improve your chances of getting a copy either. Just have had about enough of assumptions and conclusions.

Now hold on for a minute. You think this company doesnt care for its customers yet you continue to purchase? Am I missing something?

Its like all those salty vulgar comments on Nova's Facebook page yesterday and you expect them to take kindly to it. HDZETA doesnt even host a GB here anymore for the most part nor do they make certain editions available on their webstore. Would you like that better instead?

HDN is not the only forum where GB's are hosted. With these recent comments I will reconsider hosting a GB in here but it wont improve your chances of getting a copy either. Just have had about enough of assumptions and conclusions.

But if they sorted their servers out they wouldn't get vulgar comments. Lol swings and round abouts mate. If they aren't taking kindly to that lol

I would be very unhappy after 30 mins of trying and getting knowhere going through the checkout a 100 times to then be told it's sold out

And I think he meant that they don't care for their customers who order on the day because of server issues and most being taken up by GBs which I agree with.
Just makes it impossible for the guys who can order on the pre order date directly from their site and don't want to pay loads extra.

I've been lucky using nova on the day for my marvel steels and touch wood that continues with this and civil war etc but when I hear loads are taken up by GBs on here and other sites minimising my chances then yeah it really p*sses me off. I don't agree with it especially when GBs get so many orders held for them

But if they sorted their servers out they wouldn't get vulgar comments. Lol swings and round abouts mate. If they aren't taking kindly to that lol

I would be very unhappy after 30 mins of trying and getting knowhere going through the checkout a 100 times to then be told it's sold out

And I think he meant that they don't care for their customers who order on the day because of server issues and most being taken up by GBs which I agree with.
Just makes it impossible for the guys who can order on the pre order date directly and don't want to pay loads extra.

What you dont realize is abusing them doesn't really help. Did everyone who posted abusive comments get a copy? Well you can open a forwarding address in US and I can send the packages there for only $3-$4 and get it that way.

Are you not anyhow cheating the taxing system by having the packages marked as $20 or under when they are in fact worth a lot more? Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. I also provide free pickup service which @TheStixter avails on a regular basis :D

I guess even if the Nova servers work better, people not getting what they want will still be frustrated and complain. The limited numbers will still be the same and the chances to get one might not be higher with a better working server. The only diffrence is that it will be sold out within a minute....

Reactions: pioneer and Aniv
What you dont realize is abusing them doesn't really help. Did everyone who posted abusive comments get a copy? Well you can open a forwarding address in US and I can send the packages there for only $3-$4 and get it that way.

Are you not anyhow cheating the taxing system by having the packages marked as $20 or under when they are in fact worth a lot more? Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. I also provide free pickup service which @TheStixter avails on a regular basis :D

Yeah fair enough abuse won't help but constructive criticism and feedback should but they clearly don't act on that with previous server issues. Yeah we need to learn to be kinder but they need to learn to listen in the first place

Yeah but that $3-$4 is only for USA customers right? That's not everywhere else

Why are you bringing up the $20 marking? They do that otherwise they would barely sell out to most countries if we kept getting custom bill on every order. No none would order (well some would but majority wouldn't and when we do get hit by customs we have to take it on the chin)

Reactions: Aniv
hey guys, why is this a problem? Because the retailer creates a MANUFACTURED low print number for their edition, which in many cases is a steelbook that is WWA. Do you think they would sell out if they have 2,000 copies of their edition for sale?

you also forget that it's not only group buys, there have been known instances where other folks have purchased in bulk for their
own purposes before it goes live on the store.

it is OF COURSE in the best interest of the retailer to have a sell out from their web store.

and also let's remember, when you run a software package that is OPEN SOURCE and KNOWN for being heavy to host (IE - NOT THE MOST EFFICIENT), then you get a server that is not going to do well under a heavy & demanding ONE TIME load.

other staff had said this before, the overhead is low for a server like that, they only have to be "up" for a large load a few times a year, where a sever like HDN has to be beefier (and costlier) to handle a larger amount of traffic.

nothing said here should be a surprise to any of you long time collectors, something that's been chatted about over and over again.

Reactions: rj531 and Aniv