Oblivion - In theaters April 19, 2013

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
A court martial sends a veteran soldier to a distant planet, where he has to destroy the remains of an alien race. The arrival of an unexpected traveler causes him to question what he knows about the planet, his mission, and himself.
With: Tom Cruise, Morgan Freeman and Olga Kurylenko

Trailer:

Attachments

• oblivion-620x909.jpg
    oblivion-620x909.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 248
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I've found out. Really don't know why I thought this was out in 3D?! Looks like I know what I'll be watching on Saturday

Went to see it tonight i'm not a big fan of the cruiser but i quite enjoyed it as i love my sci-fi, the visuals are stunning but the plot is not very original and Morgan Freeman is under used.

Reactions: Drum18
Just got in from this. Seriously, its one of the best digitally projected films I have ever seen.

It just looks amazing. Sound is great.

The film is not for everyone. I could have done with losing 20 minutes, but Cruise is great. It requires him to act.
Story wise, when you come out it feels that certain points are from other films.

Reactions: Drum18
Saw it today. Thought visually it looked amazing as did the sound.

I thought it ran on for a little too long but overall a very good film that ill enjoy watching again

One of the better sci-fi movies in the past years imo. Decent acting, great effects, plot and twists OK and soundscore was intense! And the drones were the most impressive things ever!!!

Don't actually tell me the twists, but are the sci-fi twists anything new or it's the same kind of sci-fi twists that have been in sci-fi movies for the past 30 years? In other words, anything original?

Don't actually tell me the twists, but are the sci-fi twists anything new or it's the same kind of sci-fi twists that have been in sci-fi movies for the past 30 years? In other words, anything original?

It's kind of been done before but it's kind of new.....

Saw this yesterday, same view as most have said previously: could've done with losing 20 minutes in the first half, drags on a bit. It's visually stunning, probably wouldn't watch again though.

I saw this today and enjoyed it to be honest. The movie felt like it wasn't the same old stuff but its not anything break-through either. Hard to describe that previous statement without it being a giveaway of things in the movie or being vague. Visuals were stunning as other people have said and the Cruiser man was awesome as usual. Olga was easy on the eyes too :naughty: Overall came out of theatre a happy camper. :thumbs:

4/5 in my book.

I watched this also last week in Singapore. Story is quite predictable but the visual effect is very nice.

Sent from my N9500 using Tapatalk 2

Visually stunning and I think this will look great in a 2.35:1 set up at home. The soundtrack made me think of Kosinskis Tron Legacy and that´s a bonus. The drones as mentione...they were super-cool!

Yeah, the twists are good ones and it´s hard to mention similar films because that would give stuff away. Give it a try!