Official iPhone 5, 5s or 5c Thread

Do you own an iPhone 5, 5s or 5c or plan to buy one?

• Plan/Have to own an iPhone 5

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No I'm not interested in the iPhone 5.

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I might get an iPhone 5 but I'm not sure yet.

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Plan/Have to own an iPhone 5s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plan/Have to own an iPhone 5c

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've had a iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and now I can't wait for the iPhone 5

My 24 month contract that I had for my iPhone 4 has now finished, and am currently paying £20 a month on a rolling contract for unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 1GB data with unlimited wi-fi. So with this, I'm going to buy my iPhone 5 outright rather than taking out a new contract.

Needless to say, I'll be up first thing tomorrow morning trying to pre-order via the Apple UK website and I'm going to go for a black 32GB one

Just need to try and get hold of a micro-sim now from O2

Yet again a triumph of style over substance. OK maybe Apple has for once put a bit more substance into this phone but certainly not enough to convince me, but what do I know.

I'll be eligible for a phone upgrade at the end of October, and I'm debating whether or not to get the iPhone 5 or an Android phone. I currently use a Blackberry and I love the physical keyboard and fast email, but its just too lacking in terms of app support.

My experience with Apple products is limited; I did have an iPod Shuffle a few years ago and while I enjoyed the product itself, I remember the iTunes software being a bloated, intrusive mess. Has it gotten any better?

Jackie- my opinion is you should go with Android. If you want to hear my Android conversion story LMK ;)

To stay on topic and not turn this into an apple vs android thread, as that is not my intention, I think that the new touch screen technology that they are using is pretty cool and it's good to see they finally went with a larger screen. I'm not really liking the white/silver one though. Why did they have to name them as two colors? Why not just "black" and "white"?

Jackie, i'd go with the iPhone 5, hands down. There's a reason all of the other companies try to copy it.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

I'm probably going to check out the iPhone 5 in a store before I make a final decision. Those who have iPhones, are they generally reliable? I do some heavy web browsing and email and want a phone that won't crash or lock up when I put it through its paces.

No lock ups here. I just pre-ordered my Black 16gb iPhone 5, a few minutes ago. I'll definitely be getting an Otterbox for it as well, when they become available. It saved my ass on my iPhone 4 many times.

So which is the best UK operator for 32GB on a 12 month contract?

Isn't it only EE that has the 4G?

From what I've seen, none of the networks in the UK have listed the iPhone 5 yet. And I think only T-Mobile and Orange (Everything Everywhere) are going to have 4G.

Plus I think it might only be available on a 18 month or 24 month Contract. Not Sure.

Jackie- my opinion is you should go with Android. If you want to hear my Android conversion story LMK ;)

To stay on topic and not turn this into an apple vs android thread, as that is not my intention, I think that the new touch screen technology that they are using is pretty cool and it's good to see they finally went with a larger screen. I'm not really liking the white/silver one though. Why did they have to name them as two colors? Why not just "black" and "white"?

If you want to PM me the story, I'm on the fence as well. I used to sell them and I'm still not sure.

Can't wait to get my iPhone 5 I pre ordered on the 14th at 3am from apple and got a unlocked 32 gb. They say I will receive it between sept 21 and sept 25.

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Otter box ok but I will definitely be getting a lifeproof case

Mine's been shipped and is due for delivery tomorrow!!!! Ordered a Tech 21 D30 Impact band for it too