Official Mac Mini Thread

Apple silicone is amazing, WAAAAY better than their old Intel models. My new Mac Mini has handled everything I've thrown at it without a single hichup, stutter or sluggishness. As long as there's an app for a specific task I need to do I'm happy and so far I've found an app for everything I need. One special app I like is called "Setapp" and it's basically a small app store that you pay a monthly fee ($10) and you can download any of their apps (which are full priced apps) which are included in that monthly fee. Pretty nice because there signing on new apps every 2-3 days and just about all of them you'd have to pay full price on the Apple App Store to download but not with Setapp. Anyways I haven't used my Windows PC much except for 2 apps that are not on the Mac Mini. Another nice thing about the Mac Mini, you don't hear the fan...At All! A wonderfull investment! :D :thanks:

Just a word of warning: If you plan to buy one, Apple has designed them where you can't upgrade the RAM or SSD so during your purchase decision you need to decide what size you want for your RAM and SSD that your gonna stay with because later you can't upgrade them.
That was always the way with mac minis....

Reactions: Lone Crusader
you can't upgrade the RAM

Just a heads-up in case you weren't aware:

There is no RAM in the new Macs, since Apple Silicon introduction a couple of years ago. Apple Silicon is a SoC (system on a chip), basically no motherboard, everything is on that 3-nanometer chip (the M3) and yes it's not user upgradable for obvious reasons.

The RAM is replaced in that instance, by something called Unified Memory Architecture on the Apple Silicon chip.

The advantage of that UMA on a SoC is that it creates one pool for sharing memory and data between all of the chip components, therefore eliminating the need for copying and moving data to a different part of the motherboard where and when needed. This results in faster and more efficient performance. :)

Just a heads-up in case you weren't aware:

There is no RAM in the new Macs, since Apple Silicon introduction a couple of years ago. Apple Silicon is a SoC (system on a chip), basically no motherboard, everything is on that 3-nanometer chip (the M3) and yes it's not user upgradable for obvious reasons.

The RAM is replaced in that instance, by something called Unified Memory Architecture on the Apple Silicon chip.

The advantage of that UMA on a SoC is that it creates one pool for sharing memory and data between all of the chip components, therefore eliminating the need for copying and moving data to a different part of the motherboard where and when needed. This results in faster and more efficient performance. :)
Yes this is correct, but your still given the option in checkout as to how much Unified Memory you want. Unified Memoy is just a fancy term to call RAM, Apple just wanted to make it something of their own and branded it, it's just integrated into the chip is all, but it's still RAM