OSCARS 2017 - Best Actress [POLL]

Best Actress

• Emma Stone (La La Land)

• Natalie Portman (Jackie)

• Isabelle Huppert (Elle)

• Meryl Streep (Florence Foster Jenkins)

• Ruth Negga (Loving)

Results are only viewable after voting.

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Best Actress
  • Emma Stone (La La Land)
  • Natalie Portman (Jackie)
  • Isabelle Huppert (Elle)
  • Meryl Streep (Florence Foster Jenkins)
  • Ruth Negga (Loving)
Who do you think should win in this category?

The 2017 Academy Awards will be on Feb 26th.

Last edited:
My picks for the nominees:

Amy Adams
Arrival

Ruth Negga
Loving

Natalie Portman
Jackie

Emma Stone
La La Land

Meryl Streep
Florence Foster Jenkins

I think Annette Bening would most likely deserve a nomination more than Streep, but Streep is so beloved by the Academy, she will probably be nominated. Don't get me wrong, Meryl Streep is the greatest living actress. But Florence Foster Jenkins is a very overrated film, in my opinion.

For the win...Emma Stone!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: kaw
I am stunned that Amy Adams did not get a nomination. That is an atrocity.

100%. I watched Arrival last night and she was incredible. Got to have Meryl in there, though. She can't go a year without a nomination, so poor Amy took the bump. :rolleyes:

I voted Ruth Negga. I'd be cool to see the newcomer take it. From Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to the Oscars. Not too shabby.

• Thanks
100%. I watched Arrival last night and she was incredible. Got to have Meryl in there, though. She can't go a year without a nomination, so poor Amy took the bump. :rolleyes:

I voted Ruth Negga. I'd be cool to see the newcomer take it. From Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to the Oscars. Not too shabby.
Ruth Negga deserves to be there. While Meryl Streep is an amazing actress, this year they could stand to leave her out. Have you seen Florence Foster Jenkins? Average film at best. And Streep did not have to do much except intentionally sing poorly. Without Any Adams, Arrival does not work. Period.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
@kbr1656 Meryl is a great actress yes, maybe even one of the greatest ever... BUT... I can't stand it that she gets nominated for EVERYTHING. Even stuff she is just average in. Its like they say "Oh? Meryl did a film this year? Nominate her". I wish she would just take her name out of the running and give others a chance. She doesn't need any more acknowledgment.

@tridon I had totally forgot Ruth Negga was in AoS!!! haha thats great!

• Thanks
Reactions: kbr1656 and tridon
@kbr1656 Meryl is a great actress yes, maybe even one of the greatest ever... BUT... I can't stand it that she gets nominated for EVERYTHING. Even stuff she is just average in. Its like they say "Oh? Meryl did a film this year? Nominate her". I wish she would just take her name out of the running and give others a chance. She doesn't need any more acknowledgment.
I agree. This was an average film at best with an average, not-much-work-required performance.

• Thanks
Has to be Miss Stone for me. :drool:

source.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: kbr1656 and kaw
Has to be Miss Stone for me. :drool:

source.gif

Is it weird that i'm secretly rooting for both Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield to win, not because they both deserve it... but because I hope this somehow rekindles their relationship and they get back together!... ...:drool: haha

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Is it weird that i'm secretly rooting for both Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield to win, not because they both deserve it... but because I hope this somehow rekindles their relationship and they get back together!... ...:drool: haha
Yes, that's definitely weird dude. :p

They did made a cute couple though and had great chemistry... both of them share the same type of humour too, so it was always a laugh seeing what antics they got up together. I especially liked some of the interviews they did for Amazing Spider-Man... especially the one where Emma had Andrew in fits of laughter throughout. :LOL:

• Helpful Post
Yes, that's definitely weird dude. :p

HAHA shoot... Guess I'm just a sucker for love.

But when you see things like at the Golden Globes, when she won and he gave her a standing ovation...
And then when Ryan Gossling won and Andrew Garfield kissed Ryan Reynolds. Her reaction when she found out later on was priceless. There is something STILL THERE I tell you!!!! There is HOPE!!!

Try to ignore the chipmunk voices half way thru

...Yeah this is weird. lol

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
HAHA shoot... Guess I'm just a sucker for love.

But when you see things like at the Golden Globes, when she won and he gave her a standing ovation...
And then when Ryan Gossling won and Andrew Garfield kissed Ryan Reynolds. Her reaction when she found out later on was priceless. There is something STILL THERE I tell you!!!! There is HOPE!!!

Try to ignore the chipmunk voices half way thru

...Yeah this is weird. lol

Haha yeah, her reaction to that clip was pretty surprising and funny. Any idea why they broke up in the first place? I have a feeling it may have been mutual and that they're still friends.

wow ... just saw the end.

So if the card for Best Actress Winner was inside the Best Picture Envelope .... then who was the REAL winner of best actress!!?!?!??!? haah? they print 2? or was their another diff card in that one. :p