Dec 30, 2011
Up North Canada
Release date: June 19, 2018
Purchase link: In Store Only
Price: C$22.99 (Jun 19-24)

pacificrim-uprising1.jpg

pacificrim-uprising.jpgad.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy I talked with said he can't reserve any for the first 24 hours, and that he got flak for doing it previously. I said other stores seem to be doing it, and he told me to go to those stores then.

Should contact there HQ or on there FB/Twitter account. I think that’s complete BS to if you ask me. Glad I don’t live in Ottawa.

• Thanks
Reactions: Leafs17
This puts #1 to shame IMO:
View attachment 379182 View attachment 379183 View attachment 379184

And dunno why, but ALL the 8 copies in my store got damage on the plastic shrinkwrap (but nothing to the steel itself)
View attachment 379185
true..1st movie (bad Canadian steel, great film), 2nd movie (fantastic steel, ok movie)..the best part is still the nice release week price by Sunrise. hoping for similar price points for Rampage and RP1. i'll be supporting them so we can get more exclusives since BB is slowing down and higher prices (except for A Quiet Place).

@rj531 Yep, indeed it was $23. If they start doing this for all of their steels, i might pickup every release haha. Even Rampage. I wasnt gonna buy that.

Guy who worked there said chances are high for getting steelbook releases if Universal or WB. Others not so much.
And I asked him if there are any exclusives i can preorder right now, but he said he didnt see any on the computer system. No Rampage or RP1.

Also, I spotted the FYE Exclusive of Reanimator (i think; it had green front art) at Sunrise. I guess they imported it? It was $40.

@rj531 Yep, indeed it was $23. If they start doing this for all of their steels, i might pickup every release haha. Even Rampage. I wasnt gonna buy that.

Guy who worked there said chances are high for getting steelbook releases if Universal or WB. Others not so much.
And I asked him if there are any exclusives i can preorder right now, but he said he didnt see any on the computer system. No Rampage or RP1.

@AlienKing Interesting enough, when I called yesterday, the guy let me place a reserve for Rampage while confirming my copy of Pacific Rim was in hand.

Cheers!

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing

I was able to “preorder” (put my name down) for Rampage the next day it was announced as it was in there system.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
I don't know about this steelbook being white. The best I can describe it is a marbled grey. Regardless, looks great and the $22.99 price is something I haven't seen in a long, long time for a new release steelbook!

@AlienKing Interesting enough, when I called yesterday, the guy let me place a reserve for Rampage while confirming my copy of Pacific Rim was in hand.

Cheers!

I was able to “preorder” (put my name down) for Rampage the next day it was announced as it was in there system.

I guess their systems are not still updated properly. I thought every store in the country connects to the same system. May be not or may be he didnt know.