Apr 14, 2012
Earth
Release date: July 28, 2018
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €67.99 - €59.99
Note: 4 Blu-rays + 1 DVD + Soundtrack

32837453_10155741790638020_4279721265905795072_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
btw theyre saying that the release is getting postponed due to the frame not being printed in the exact center
Ah, didn't realise it was anything important. Thanks for sharing! Honesty, it looks fine to me though... still, it's good to know they take pride in their products and want it to be perfect.

I suspect they know people are going to try and compare it to the Criterion pressing and that can be very very annoying for a lot of companies especially when you get the likes of BR.com who think everything Criterion do is wonderful and all other labels are the lesser product. So they probably don't want any unwarranted problems flagged up to distract from their pressing. and I can't really blame them for being paranoid in that respect.

I'm trying to discover what could conceivably encompass "3 bonus Blu-ray discs" but have had little success.
Has anyone had better luck?
I may purchase regardless and discover the hard way but foreknowledge is always helpful...:)
That looks nice, wonder what’s inside.
I suspect they know people are going to try and compare it to the Criterion pressing and that can be very very annoying for a lot of companies especially when you get the likes of BR.com who think everything Criterion do is wonderful and all other labels are the lesser product. So they probably don't want any unwarranted problems flagged up to distract from their pressing. and I can't really blame them for being paranoid in that respect.
The numbered Ultimate Edition will feature the regular mediabook and probably a separate digipack like they did with Oldboy (also same size) for the extra discs. There may be more special features on the discs as have been announced yet, so this is still TBC.

Overall Contents:

Blu-ray 1: Movie (Criterion Master)
Blu-ray 2: Special Features (The Magic of Fairy Tales - Interview with Guillermo del Toro & Cornelia Funke, The Beauty of Beasts - Interview with Doug Jones) / 70 minutes
Blu-ray 3: Creature Designers - The Frankenstein Complex: Part 1
Blu-ray 4: Creature Designers - The Frankenstein Complex: Part 2
DVD: Movie
CD: Soundtrack OST

I just have this feeling that this is the one to get if you have to have only one edition. This is it........Just hope the packaging is sturdy for the trip across Europe...