Paypal Dispute

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexG

Premium Supporter
Aug 16, 2012
OC, CA USA
Curious if someone can help me out on this.

About a month ago I received 2 steelbooks that I purchased outside of Ebay. Unfortunately the item's condition wasn't as described and asked for a refund. He refused so I had to go to paypal to file a dispute. 10 days past and Paypal emailed me saying the claim won in my favor and all I had to do is send it back to receive the full amount. As of right now the package status shows as "Payment of charges - Item being held, addressee being notified". It arrived on the 7th of this month and was shipped Express with tracking/signature. I've already faxed PP the shipping receipt to prove I did in fact ship it to the correct address.

Now my question here is if he doesn't accept or reject the package do i lose in this case? I realize it's too early to tell if he will or wont but wondering if anyone else went thru this similiar situation.

Thanks..

Last edited:
sounds like customs have the package and have contacted him about charges that need to be paid, in this case he can ignore the package and it will be returned to you again or destroyed. Which country did you return this package too? coz if its in the same country as you live then i dont understand.

Like Deuce said, "Payment of charges - item being held, addressee being notified" means the item has been charged a Customs fee. I got the same notification in the UK from ParcelForce when i bought my Game of Thrones warhammer from the US. It means they have paid the customs charge, but they are withholding delivery until the addressee pays them the cost of the customs fee. If he refuses to pay it then it's likely that it will be returned to you. However, I imagine the delivery company would want their money back.

sounds like customs have the package and have contacted him about charges that need to be paid, in this case he can ignore the package and it will be returned to you again or destroyed. Which country did you return this package too? coz if its in the same country as you live then i dont understand.

The seller is located in the UK.

I've already done my part and did everything PP has asked me to do. It would be a waste on my part to have me ship it than gets rejected and I lose out on more money than what I paid for. Than whats the use of the PP Buyers Protection Plan if it comes to that. Hopefully it doesn't come to that and he picks it up.

The seller is located in the UK.

I've already done my part and did everything PP has asked me to do. It would be a waste on my part to have me ship it than gets rejected and I lose out on more money than what I paid for. Than whats the use of the PP Buyers Protection Plan if it comes to that. Hopefully it doesn't come to that and he picks it up.

its probably due to you shipping it expressed shipping, did you mark it low on customs or did you mark the correct value as if the latter then thats why customs will hold it until he pays the charges.

its probably due to you shipping it expressed shipping, did you mark it low on customs or did you mark the correct value as if the latter then thats why customs will hold it until he pays the charges.

I tried to with Gift but since I had to insure the steelbooks of there worth the Post Office recommended me to mark it at that same price. They said it would look conflicting to customs to mark it as a $40 gift but than its shows a higher amount insured. I had to save my own a$$ if it gets lost.

I tried to with Gift but since I had to insure the steelbooks of there worth the Post Office recommended me to mark it at that same price. They said it would look conflicting to customs to mark it as a $40 gift but than its shows a higher amount insured. I had to save my own a$$ if it gets lost.

yeah understandable buddy :thumbs:, im not sure the seller will want to pay customs fees though so im hoping he does but if he knows this package is from you then i fear he may just leave it to be returned to you just to waste a bit more time :(

Reactions: AlexG
yeah understandable buddy :thumbs:, im not sure the seller will want to pay customs fees though so im hoping he does but if he knows this package is from you then i fear he may just leave it to be returned to you just to waste a bit more time :(

Thats how I feel...

But i've read if you show proof of tracking and recipt and the seller rejects the pacakge it would than favor the buyer. Once I receive the returned shipment i'm refunded the total amount. But just guessing of course...

Yes, PayPal do protect the buyer if a seller refuses to accept a return. You have proof of postage. I would also keep proof of the customs charge. The delivery company will also change delivery status if the charges aren't paid by a specific time, get proof of that just in case. It'll show the seller has been informed of the charges but refused to pay. It covers you then.

Reactions: AlexG
Yes, PayPal do protect the buyer if a seller refuses to accept a return. You have proof of postage. I would also keep proof of the customs charge. The delivery company will also change delivery status if the charges aren't paid by a specific time, get proof of that just in case. It'll show the seller has been informed of the charges but refused to pay. It covers you then.

Yeah I have everything...receipt of shipping, tracking slip & custom note. It just baffles me if ends up refusing it. But like I said it's early process so I think he's just waiting it out than possibly picking it up on the last day.

Status
Not open for further replies.