Price: £19.99-sold out
Notes: Embossed Artwork on cover
Confirmed 4000 qty print run

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10847259-1383926295-491763.jpg

10847259-1383926295-491772.jpg

attachment.php

10847259-1383926295-491776.jpg
Zavvi are pleased to announce the next wave of our Disney Steelbook Collection, and we have 3 absolute classics for you. Peter Pan, Dumbo and Lady & The Tramp

All 3 will feature;
- Embossed Artwork on the front cover
- Classic vibrant artwork
- Custom new back designs

These will also be the lowest runs we have ever produced on Disney Classic titles
Finish and exact embossing details TBC
Release Date 17th Feb

Attachments

• 10847259-1383926295-491780.jpg
    10847259-1383926295-491780.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 794
Last edited by a moderator:
Chrxxx! I bought the digibook. Will probably pre-order and wait-and-see on the artwork. I didn't bother with the Little Mermaid steel and glad that I did.

Nice!! Peter Pan is probably in the top 10 most loved films Disney ever made, and it scored very high on the Disney steelbook voting poll. Same thing as what I said in The Lady and the Tramp thread.

This needs:

Excellent artwork, inside and out
High quality glossy finish.
Low print run

This is a winning formula. Don't screw it up Zavvi.

Reactions: Steeler
Again, Zavvi, please use some of the original artowrk/film stills/concept images/poster artwork for this release, let the lazy dvd art rest for now.

I made this a while back when Peter Pan was first released to blu and I was hoping for a steel. I've always wished they would use the original logos for these movies, I think they are way nicer than the generic gold embossed modern lettering. But I don't expect it will look anything like this.

wksf.png

I made this a while back when Peter Pan was first released to blu and I was hoping for a steel. I've always wished they would use the original logos for these movies, I think they are way nicer than the generic gold embossed modern lettering. But I don't expect it will look anything like this.

wksf.png

Liking the cover a lot to this, but it'd look even better if the back art was part of the same image so it didn't cut off. Then it'd be perfect IMO. Nice job though.

Just wondering why this is £22.99 where the others are £19.99 - Do we this think is going to have the lowest print run of the 3 ?

wksf.png

I admire your skills but that looks pretty dull with the night time theme. The logo is boring too. With these classic disneys i expect lovely bright busy covers :scat:

I'm gona try and guess what this steel will look like. This is NOT what i want it to look like. but what i think it'll look like. this is based on the designs for aladdin, fantasia and dumbo.

107qcmd.jpg

So the standard blu ray cover is reused for the front cover (like fantasia,toy story 3 & dumbo), as for the back art, the 3 mentioned at the top of the post take an image sinonimus with the film and slap it on the back. if that's the route they go down with peter pan (and it does look that way) I would be absolutely shocked if tinkerbell isn't on the back.

inside is harder to guess, but this would definitely work
5txvzp.jpg

Last edited:
I'm gona try and guess what this steel will look like. This is NOT what i want it to look like. but what i think it'll look like. this is based on the designs for aladdin, fantasia and dumbo.

107qcmd.jpg

This would look nice with just the title embossed and glossy like the Aladdin steel.

I admire your skills but that looks pretty dull with the night time theme. The logo is boring too.
No worries, I know it's quite a bit more plain than the usual Disney covers. But the logo is boring?? That's the logo used on the film's actual title card! I think it's gorgeous - the only Peter Pan logo that "matters", as far as I'm concerned. You'd really prefer the generic silver or gold embossed "logos" from the DVD covers?

Reactions: Gamesgaryjp