Votes: 6 9.8%
  • 200 or more

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
What did you buy last & post pics of collection!

Attachments

• vinyl-record.jpg
    vinyl-record.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,722
Last edited:
Hello and welcome here :)

Awesome setup and collection you got there mate!
Is there a special genre/artist you're into or just mixed ?

Thanks mate!
I'm mainly into metal music, so I would say 80% of my collection is Death/Thrash/Black/Heavy Metal records with remaining 20% mix genre like 80's pop, OST, etc.

Reactions: dan8885
Thanks mate!
I'm mainly into metal music, so I would say 80% of my collection is Death/Thrash/Black/Heavy Metal records with remaining 20% mix genre like 80's pop, OST, etc.

Not my cup of tea but I know theres plenty of metal vinyl collectors and a whole bunch of beautiful records and boxsets.

Reactions: arexis2629
Can't wait to get my room finished (almost there!) so I can take my vinyl out of storage and finally start sharing photos of my latest pick ups in here. :D

• Thanks
BJOCxpG.gif

IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!
Tell me about it! I've wasted so much time and money because it's just problem after problem... it's literally been one step forward ten steps back for the past month, and that's just with one room! I'm certainly not looking forward to decorating the rest of the house... I think it'd be easier to knock it down and start from scratch. :LOL:

• Thanks
Tell me about it! I've wasted so much time and money because it's just problem after problem... it's literally been one step forward ten steps back for the past month, and that's just with one room! I'm certainly not looking forward to decorating the rest of the house... I think it'd be easier to knock it down and start from scratch. :LOL:

What exactly you're doing there that it takes so much time?

What exactly you're doing there that it takes so much time?
The walls mate... they're a nightmare! They were damp and covered in cracks, which took me ages to properly clean, fill and sand down. Then I realise the walls were never properly treated when they were first painted over many years ago, so when I came to paint them myself, the old paint started to bubble and flake off, which meant I had to strip all the old paint and treat them myself... now I'm covering them with thick lining paper to better hide the damage. If I'd known all this at the start, then I would've just got them re-skimmed! I guess that's what you get for living in a house that's over a hundred years old though... plus it's the first time I've ever decorated, so I'm pretty much learning as I go along.

The walls mate... they're a nightmare! They were damp and covered in cracks, which took me ages to properly clean, fill and sand down. Then I realise the walls were never properly treated when they were first painted over many years ago, so when I came to paint them myself, the old paint started to bubble and flake off, which meant I had to strip all the old paint and treat them myself... now I'm covering them with thick lining paper to better hide the damage. If I'd known all this at the start, then I would've just got them re-skimmed! I guess that's what you get for living in a house that's over a hundred years old though... plus it's the first time I've ever decorated, so I'm pretty much learning as I go along.

Damn mate. That sounds horrible. Glad you're in the end zone now. Keep it up. You'll be proud of yourself once the outcome looks sexy and you can enjoy your collections again :thumbs:
I hope we get some pictures when the room is ready :coffee:

Reactions: Noodles
Damn mate. That sounds horrible. Glad you're in the end zone now. Keep it up. You'll be proud of yourself once the outcome looks sexy and you can enjoy your collections again :thumbs:
I hope we get some pictures when the room is ready :coffee:
Thanks buddy. Hopefully it'll all be worth it in the end! :)

Trust me... I'll be taking loads of photos once it's all done. Since I started collecting back in the DVD days, I've never been able to have my collection on display because my current room is so small, so I'm certainly going to make up for that once my new room is complete! :D

Hi ! I thought I'd share with you my vinyl setup :)

I only started collecting vinyl early last year, and finally got my first turntable last December. I found it in the middle of my parents attic, it was sitting there for more than 20 years... And I got the rest for my birthday :)

My setup:
  • Technics SL 1200 MK2
  • Pioneer A-30-K
  • Wharfedale 220 Diamond
  • And my old MacBookPro for my CDs, Spotify, and iTunes :)
You can see the list of my vinyl records over there

Setup.jpg

I know I'm only starting, but I am very proud of what I achieved to buy since last year, and I hope I get to add more and more records to my collection in the future !

I only started collecting vinyl early last year, and finally got my first turntable last December. I found it in the middle of my parents attic, it was sitting there for more than 20 years... And I got the rest for my birthday :)

My setup:
  • Technics SL 1200 MK2
  • Pioneer A-30-K
  • Wharfedale 220 Diamond

View attachment 261442

I know I'm only starting, but I am very proud of what I achieved to buy since last year, and I hope I get to add more and more records to my collection in the future !
Very cool setup! I haven't been collecting for much longer than you, but you already have much better equipment than me. Nice collection you have too... there's a lot there I still hope to get, especially that TLOU set. :drool:

Very cool setup! I haven't been collecting for much longer than you, but you already have much better equipment than me. Nice collection you have too... there's a lot there I still hope to get, especially that TLOU set. :drool:
Thanks ! Have you shared your setup somewhere ? I have to admit I am very lucky with my first setup, I don't think I'll ever change it, unless something breaks of course :)

The TLOU boxset is a beauty indeed :D The minute it went live I bought it ! And I don't regret it one bit !!

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and dan8885

My setup:
  • Technics SL 1200 MK2
  • Pioneer A-30-K
  • Wharfedale 220 Diamond

View attachment 261442

You found a Technics MKII just sitting around at your parents attic EEK!o_O:wow:
I want one my WHOLE life so bad :arghh:

Really a great setup mate and beautiful looking :thumbs:

And I'm also super jealous on your Batman Boxset from Mondo :bored:

You found a Technics MKII just sitting around at your parents attic EEK!o_O:wow:
I want one my WHOLE life so bad :arghh:

Really a great setup mate and beautiful looking :thumbs:

And I'm also super jealous on your Batman Boxset from Mondo :bored:
:D But I had to buy another cartridge and the dust cover hinges are broke.. but yes my parents used to work for a radio station so there's a lot of stuff in this attic :p I hope you'll find one one day ;)

Thanks mate ;)

Eheh, that's probably my favorite piece in my collection :D Love Batman and love vinyl, so the ultimate combination ! :cool: I just wish I had the Die Cut vinyl too :(

• Thanks
Thanks ! Have you shared your setup somewhere ? I have to admit I am very lucky with my first setup, I don't think I'll ever change it, unless something breaks of course :)

The TLOU boxset is a beauty indeed :D The minute it went live I bought it ! And I don't regret it one bit !!
Not yet buddy, as I don't currently have a setup... I literally have zero space at the moment, so everything is stored away. I'd be too embarrassed to show off my record player anyway, as it's just one of those really cheap players with the built in speakers. :LOL:

Well, I don't see any reason why you should change you setup bud... it looks perfect as it is! :thumbs: