paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 17, 2020
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £22.00 (Arrow) - £21.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)
Notes: 4K UHD - Arrow Video First Ever 4K UHD Release

e25c2574-98e0-4877-b2e3-149fe7a5cd2c.jpg

Last edited:
Genuine question but what’s the point on including a Blu-ray Disc on a 4K Version & vice versa for the people complaining I don’t get it
Personally, it just gives me an excuse to have 2 different Slips :LOL: So no complaints here:thumbs:

Even though this was originally advertised as having a slipcover, Arrow have apparently confirmed the 4K will not come with a slipcover.
The listings on the Arrow website & Amazon no longer show a slipcover.
That's a shame, would have been nice to have the 2 with slips.

Even though this was originally advertised as having a slipcover, Arrow have apparently confirmed the 4K will not come with a slipcover.
The listings on the Arrow website & Amazon no longer show a slipcover.
I think I wouldve prefered the 4K to come with a slip since most of us would have the BD anyway. I was gonna use this get the 4K disc but now i gotta buy the BD just for the slip.
Oh well
tumblr_p92mp2OViU1qdhps7o7_r1_500.gifv

Reactions: Robles
I think I wouldve prefered the 4K to come with a slip since most of us would have the BD anyway. I was gonna use this get the 4K disc but now i gotta buy the BD just for the slip.
Oh well
tumblr_p92mp2OViU1qdhps7o7_r1_500.gifv
Yeah same here, definitely would have preferred the 4K to come with the slip and it seems odd that it won't.

Reactions: AlienKing
Some customers already got delivery from Arrow

Not my photo

ekVP02hl.jpg

Note
The Blu-ray Edition in UK has a slipcover the 4K edition in UK don't have a slip

Reactions: jasong
I just ordered Pitch Black (Blu-ray Steelbook) [Blu-ray] on July 24th.... Oh well, that was only £6.99. Need 4k version, of course!
Anyone that doesn't have it yet, ZAVEH12 for 12% off works.

Last edited:
Strangely I ordered my 4k copy from arrow direct which they sent out last Thursday. Still haven't received my copy
Same here at the moment from Amazon, Still no sign of either release and they were both dispatched on Thursday :wow:
Was in fopp earlier today and was tempted to just pick them both up out of there :whistle: Ill give it a few more days with amazon and see what happens

Reactions: Lollard2002
Got mine direct from Arrow yesterday. Looking forward to giving it a watch, years since I last saw this.

I will say though, this should really have come with a slipcover & it feels like a ball dropped on Arrow's side.
Given that this was their first 4K release, they should have given it the full bells & whistles treatment.

Reactions: hatredhorror
Got mine direct from Arrow yesterday. Looking forward to giving it a watch, years since I last saw this.

I will say though, this should really have come with a slipcover & it feels like a ball dropped on Arrow's side.
Given that this was their first 4K release, they should have given it the full bells & whistles treatment.

I have no idea why they wouldn't release it in a nice box set like they did with RoboCop, Waterworld, An American Werewolf in London, etc. This should've been an event. Now that it doesn't come with a slipcover, I'm in no rush to buy it. Especially when it's an insane $41.99 in Canada (and it doesn't even come with a Blu-ray disc or digital copy).

Reactions: Strangerbyday
I have no idea why they wouldn't release it in a nice box set like they did with RoboCop, Waterworld, An American Werewolf in London, etc. This should've been an event. Now that it doesn't come with a slipcover, I'm in no rush to buy it. Especially when it's an insane $41.99 in Canada (and it doesn't even come with a Blu-ray disc or digital copy).

That's a fair point, the fact that it doesn't come with the blu-ray disc & no slipcover does cheapen the overall package.
I would have expected their first 4K to be the full package, rigid box, big ol booklet, 4K & blu-ray discs. As it stands it feels...incomplete & maybe rushed.

That's a fair point, the fact that it doesn't come with the blu-ray disc & no slipcover does cheapen the overall package.
I would have expected their first 4K to be the full package, rigid box, big ol booklet, 4K & blu-ray discs. As it stands it feels...incomplete & maybe rushed.
Maybe the cost of the pressing alone prohibes the usual extra they can do.

Yeah, thats fair, but they could have at least thrown a slipcover over it. The 4K release of Cinema Paradiso later in the year has a slip & a blu-ray disc alongside the 4K disc.

I suspect you will see a lot of forthcoming 4k releases from vanity labels that are barebones like Kino's Mad Max 1979. But I'm glad to see them and at the end of the end, if you want all the extras the blu-ray editons are there.