Plague, Inc (by Ndemic Creations) AWESOME!

Plague, Inc by @NdemicCreations [Cinematic Trailer Released!] ios/Android

UPDATE: Plague inc has now spread to Android devices via Miniclip! If you have an Android device, be sure to get this game. It's fun!

Also here's the brand new cinematic trailer for the game. Pretty neat!

EDIT: September 11th 2012: Update 1.3.1 is Released.

Following the update 1.3 which introduced an entirely new virus called "The Neurax Worm" that attacks the brain, as well as symptoms, transmission methods and abilities (pertaining to that specific virus), is this mini update which affects those who had problems with the app crashing since that 1.3 update.

More updates coming, including the much requested Zombie Virus!

================

WOW! This game is fun, exciting and kinda disturbing and scary at the same time. But not in a typical horror game scary way, but more in a "what the hell am I DOING!?!!" kinda way.

The short of it is you have to create a virus and unleash it on the world, and slowly upgrade your virus to adapt to various weather conditions, and basically mutate it so it can't be cured.

I did it on Casual since I'd never played it before, started the bacteria out in Australia (you're limited to one type of virus and you have to unlock the others), and it killed everyone in the world in 720 days, with a cure only 58% done.

Kinda crazy watching the game in action.

If anyone has the Ipad or Iphone I highly recommend this. It's only $0.99 so it's a STEAL!

NEWS ABOUT UPDATE 1.3:

2.5 months later - Plague Inc. plans

posted Aug 24, 2012 6:50 AM by Ndemic Creations [ updated Aug 24, 2012 6:52 AM ] Time goes by so quickly at the moment, its hard to believe that it is almost 3 months since Plague Inc. first launched on the App Store!
In this time, I've stopped my day job in order to work on Plague Inc. full time, over 1.3 million people have downloaded Plague Inc and over 13 million games have been played! With the Android release and update 1.3 - things are only getting better!

Read on for news of whats going on at the moment and what the future holds.

Mutation 1.3 - The Neurax Worm expansionThis huge update is currently being reviewed by Apple and they should release it any day now - I can't wait!

For information about the update - check out the following articles:

Android getting Plague Inc. in September:

I am working with Miniclip to bring Plague Inc. to Android as soon as possible. It already works great on my Android test devices and we are currently doing the final polish and performance tweaks. It will be released towards the end of September.

P1030536.JPG

Plague Inc. happily infected my Samsung Galaxy S2 and Google Nexus 7 tablet
Future Plans:

Currently working hard on lots of other things as well - here are some of them:​

• High quality Plague Inc. trailer
  • Localising Plague Inc. into other languages
  • 1.4 update which will add ability to modify your genetic code
  • Zombie Plague Type update (1.5) which will add the much requested zombie plague type in
  • Planning for top secret new game (!)
============================================

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is some info that I've found via Ndemic's official twitter page: @NdemicCreations.

Official Website: http://www.ndemiccreations.com/

Ndemic, btw is ONE GUY!

As of July 17th: Plague Inc. now has over a million paid downloads and over 10 million games played to date since launching just 7 weeks ago, completely unknown with no marketing budget. A major content update coming soon for Plague Inc. which will add the deadly Neurax Worm.

UPDATE 1.3 coming soon will feature a new virus called "Neurax Worm"

UPDATE 1.4 will be coming afterwards sometime and will include a Zombie Virus. He jokingly said that the Zombies will be "Scientifically accurate", in response to someone suggesting they be cool like in 28 Days Later. lol

The Facts:

1. Plague Inc. is a critically acclaimed, high end strategy game for iPhone and iPad which has taken the world by storm – made by first time developer James Vaughan from Ndemic Creations (as a hobby!)
  2. Plague Inc. has over a million paid downloads, was #1 paid app in the US for 2 weeks and hasn’t left the top charts yet. It is a global hit with over 60 thousand 5 star ratings and over 10 million games played to date.
  3. Plague Inc. launched just 7 weeks ago, completely unknown with no marketing budget. The game has gone completely viral and its success is down to players loving it and recommending it to their friends. A huge thank you to everyone who has helped me get this far.
  4. Major content update coming soon for Plague Inc. which will add the Neurax Worm.

Mutation 1.3 – the plague of the Neurax Worm

Mutation (update) 1.3 for Plague Inc. is bringing a lot of new content and is looking really awesome. It adds multiple features that players have requested (more space at top of screen, ability to select your own music etc), loads of new events/achievements and two major additions which I want to call out:

1. Modify genetic code: The ability to tweak your genetic code prior to playing – this will let you customise your play style (e.g. You can insert a gene which means you don’t need to pop bubbles or one that gives you bonus DNA at the start) Still fine tuning the details but currently, you will unlock a random gene each time you play a game and there will be 25 to collect in total.
  2. The Neurax Worm – this is a terrifying new Plague type which will require all new tactics to win. I’m really excited about this as I have basically redesigned the gameplay from scratch. It will have new graphics, new events, new victory conditions and a very different playstyle. (I view this as a mini expansion pack so it will cost 99c to play with this plague)
wormtick08a.png

The Neurax worm is an invasive organism that burrows into the brain of its host to control them. Living deep in the jungle for thousands of years, human advancement into its natural habitat has brought it into contact with humans for the first time and given it the means to spread...

Android:
Working hard on bringing Plague Inc. to Android and will have more news shortly. Not long to wait now – follow twitter / facebook to be the first to know when it is available.

One of the interesting topics when bringing a game to Android from iOS is how to sell the game. (Do I do exactly what I did for iOS and have a paid app or do I make it free and make people pay in game to upgrade it etc) Still working out the details here but I can promise that the core gameplay of Plague Inc. will remain the same. You won’t see loads of consumables/ currency appearing in the game.

I think that the freemium model with consumables/currency is very clever and definitely great at making lots of money. However, personally, I don’t enjoy games with lots of consumables in. I think it damages the fundamental game and cheapens the experience – turning players into cash cows and make you focus on extracting as much money as possible from them – rather than make an awesome and challenging game. So – don’t worry about any of that in Plague Inc. - I'm keeping Plague Inc. a game that I want to play :)
plague%20inc%20android.jpg
Sales/performance:

• Plague Inc. continues to sell incredibly well with ~ 1.1 million downloads. Remember, this is all organic growth (people telling their friends and followers about it) – no advertising or marketing which pretty much all other big games use.
  • Daily downloads are still high. Also - between 100k-300k play the game every day and well over 10 million games have been played in total. (its great to see so many people enjoying it!)
  • I'm having good conversations with players on twitter, facebook and email. Players love the game and are keen to help make it even better by suggesting new features - this is very helpful so please keep doing it!
  • Plague Inc. is living proof that you don't have to be a massive gaming company or spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to market your app in order to create a global hit. (although I'm sure those things help as well :p)

Plans for the future:
Once we have Mutation 1.3 released, the plan is to keep working – there is so much more stuff we want to do!

• Localisation: I want to bring Plague Inc. to as many people as possible and an important way to do this is translate Plague Inc. into other languages. Plague Inc. is a text heavy game so this takes a fair bit of time and effort but we are working on it. We may even have some languages completed in time for Mutation 1.3 (no promises though!)
  • Mutation 1.4: This will add the much requested Zombie plague type. Like the Neurax Worm, it will feature new graphics, radically different gameplay and a very different strategy to master. Let us know what else you want to see here!
  • And much more...!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lone Crusader
Downloaded Zombie Lane. It's a fun little game, but I hate the fact that it's one of those games that uses the players as a cash source. "oh no you ran out of energy, we take Visa, Mastercard and AMEX though!"

BAH on that. Too many of the Ipad games I've noticed do that. :-(

Yeah that is a bit of a pain :0(

Playing this virus game but keep getting cured, any tips? I'm stuck on Bacteria!

the best tip I've been given is this: Always devolve any random mutations. If it mutates and you don't IMMEDIATELY devolve it, it will become noticed, and then the scientists will start curing it.

So what you want to do is spend your initial DNA on transmissions Air 1 and Water 1. That way you can get it on the planes and boats and bypass their filters.

And also spend DNA on the drug resistance 1 & 2 (which allow wealthy countries to get infected easily) and then the Genetic Hardening 1.

Then just sit back and wait. Keep devolving any mutations, and you get 2 points for each one. Wait until it's 100% everyone in the world is infected, and then you should have built up about 100 DNA points or so. Maybe 90.

At that point start upping the symptoms to the most lethal you can. The quickest is to start at coughing and just expand that one until you get to total organ failure, and then just sit back and watch everyone die. lol

Reactions: wyatt03
the best tip I've been given is this: Always devolve any random mutations. If it mutates and you don't IMMEDIATELY devolve it, it will become noticed, and then the scientists will start curing it.

So what you want to do is spend your initial DNA on transmissions Air 1 and Water 1. That way you can get it on the planes and boats and bypass their filters.

And also spend DNA on the drug resistance 1 & 2 (which allow wealthy countries to get infected easily) and then the Genetic Hardening 1.

Then just sit back and wait. Keep devolving any mutations, and you get 2 points for each one. Wait until it's 100% everyone in the world is infected, and then you should have built up about 100 DNA points or so. Maybe 90.

At that point start upping the symptoms to the most lethal you can. The quickest is to start at coughing and just expand that one until you get to total organ failure, and then just sit back and watch everyone die. lol

Thanks mate! I let you know how I get on, hopefully I kill em all :0)

Here is a snippet of the longer review I wrote on my blog just now for this game. Only the second video game I've reviewed (after Journey on the PSN).

If you feel like it and have time, check out the full interview at the link below where I've embedded some video and images.

http://www.searchingforchetbaker.com/2012/08/review-ndemiccreations-plague-inc-for.html

Now on it's face it seems like it would be a pretty straight forward and simple game. You have to unleash a virus on the world and infect everyone on earth, and kill them. However things are not that simple. You have scientists from all over the globe that want to stop you by building a cure, you have countries that will shut their borders to all planes, boats or land travel, and depending on whether or not you are aiming to achieve certain specific goals (infect the London Olympics, Infect the World Cup, etc) if you make your virus too lethal too early, those things will go away quickly.

I learned this very quickly as I spent all the DNA points I was getting on making this the biggest and baddest virus ever known. And it killed a lot of people, but the cure was found fairly quickly and I was eradicated before wiping out even half the population. And this is because of a genius aspect to the game. You not only have to be careful of how powerful you make your virus, while increasing the infectivity rate, but you also have to fight the scientists who are trying to wipe you out, you being the virus.

So while you spend your DNA points on upgrading the infectivity transmission avenues, such as upgrading the air transmissions so it can bypass the special filters on planes, or upgrade the water transmissions, to to do the same for boats, thus allowing the virus to spread quickly by moving across the globe, you also have to spend DNA points on basically modifying the genetic code of the virus.

You can spend points to increase the drug resistance, because without that, rich countries with good medicine will fight it and you won't infect people very quickly. That also prevents you from infecting the Olympics, as I found out.

Now you can ignore that and easily infect the poorer countries that don't have good medicine, but you won't win the game that way. You also have to take into account the temperature of the various regions. If you start your virus in Greenland (always a fine choice, as it has no airports, and only one seaport, so sometimes it's one of the very last to get infected) the virus is tailored for the cold, so to properly spread your virus you have to spend DNA points to make the virus adaptable to hot climates.

Hi buddy

Your like my plague guru! Any tips on how best to kill everyone as a virus, this ones really hard for me as it want to mutate all the time and it cost 5 DNA points to stop the mutation, so you don't get spotted!

Hi buddy

Your like my plague guru! Any tips on how best to kill everyone as a virus, this ones really hard for me as it want to mutate all the time and it cost 5 DNA points to stop the mutation, so you don't get spotted!

Yeah that one is annoying. I don't like how you have to pay DNA to stop it, but fortunately that's the only one you have to do that on. Even the Nano-Virus you get 2 DNA back.

With that one it was probably the most difficult, just because you have to try to save up DNA after a certain point, and you have to keep paying out to stop the mutations.

Here's a strategy guide I found online that worked for me. Your experience may vary, because the games are random.

This is from "Owner_101" from touch arcade
Here's one I made:

This strategy works from Bacteria-Prion and I am currently on Nano-Virus. It might take a couple of tries but it will eventually work. They are for brutal. Private Message me for problems. If you find a better one post it here.

READ IT ALL FIRST

Start in Greenland.
Upgrade water to 1 then 2.
Upgrade air to 1 then 2.
Upgrade Drug resistance to 1.
Upgrade Genetic Hardening to 1 then 2.
Wait for everyone to be infected. (you may want it on fast forward for this because it takes a lot of time)
DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM NOW ON, SAVE YOUR DNA POINTS.
When everyone is infected get anaemia, haemophilia, internal haemorrhaging and necrosis. If you have any DNA left over get coughing, sneezing, immune suppression, total organ failure and coma. When people die you should get DNA, with this finish off what I said before then go for, insomnia, paranoia, seizures and insanity.
If needed don't buy the insanity route but buy the genetic reshuffles.

NOTES
Always devolve random mutations.
Judge if you need a genetic reshuffle or more symptoms. Over 40%-50% cure found is when you definitely need one.
Save the game every so often but never if the disease has been found or if a cure has been found. Save it when everyone is infected.
If they discover a cure or detect your pathogen keep playing until the game ends, then just reload your game.
For Virus it will probably be quite difficult so it may take a lot of tries.
If you think you need a new form of transmission, buy stage 1 but not 2.

I WILL UPDATE IT.

THIS WORKS FROM BACTERIA-PRION. MAKE AN IMPROVED STRATEGY AND ONES FOR NANO-VIRUS AND BIO-WEAPON