Plastic slipcovers instead of cardboard J-cards

Would you like to see more plastic slipcovers on Steelbooks?

• Yes

Votes: 33 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes

• No

• Maybe

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
I really wish more retailers/studios would use these more often. They look and feel really great as opposed to a cardboard J-card. It would be great if we could convince one of the retailers to use this (i'm thinking Blufans, Entertainment Store, Kimchi or even Zavvi).

If you don't know what I mean, here is an example (Inception Germany 1st release):

Front:
IMG_2732.JPG

Back:
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2733.JPG
    IMG_2733.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 162
Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, it's still one of my absolute favourite steelbooks (and incidentally one of my first!). The clear sleeve is awesome, has all the info you need on it and also protects the steelbook on the shelf.

I voted yes, but it doesn't really even have to be this uncommon plastic variety - all the text info could be placed on a full sized regular slipcover used for Blurays and some rare asian steels.

...and ofc these card slipcovers are often embossed, glossy or holographic :thumbs:

I wish this would happen but wouldnt adding plastic hike the price up since plastic is more expensive then cardboard?

I agree that t would be great to have plastic slips. It would help The Prestige with that black banner. However, I think it would raise the price of every steel by quite a bit and you already have people moaning about how much Zavvi and ES charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.