PS4 PlayStation 4 - Main discussion thread

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK

In preparation for tomorrow's announcement, Sony Playstation have released a video which looks back at the evolution of Playstation games and how they pushed the boundaries of play with their innovative titles.

You can watch a global livestream broadcast of the PlayStation Meeting this Wednesday (February 20th, 2013) starting at 6:00pm EST, 3:00pm PST and 11:00pm GMT at these links...

US: https://us.playstation.com/meeting2013/
UK: http://uk.playstation.com/meeting2013/

UPDATE:

8492670863_9a2f640988_z.jpg

A press release reveals the machine will include an 8-core 64-bit x86 "Jaguar" CPU developed by AMD and a Radeon GPU with the capability of terrorizing televisions with 1.84 TFLOPS of gaming goodness.

PlayStation 4 includes a Blu-ray drive that spins game discs a brisk 6X and 8X for DVDs. Additional specs in the release note the, already revealed, 8GB of unified GDDR5 RAM along with 802.11n WiFi capability, USB 3.0 ports, Bluetooth 2.1 and ports for optical audio, HDMI and even legacy analog AV hook-ups. Though the console will have internal storage, Sony did not detail its size.

Sony's plan is to launch its new PlayStation 4 console this holiday season. No specific date or price was revealed during the reveal event.

The PS4's main features include:

• - New DualShock 4 controller with built in touchpad
  • - Dramatically improved graphics and processing power
  • - Based on same X86 chips used in desktop computer to help game developers
  • - 3D camera that can track the controller, and the player
  • - Games can also be played on Sony's Vita handheld console

8492669461_b49583fd3c_z.jpg

The future of PlayStation is all about great games and entertainment, and at PlayStation Meeting 2013, we brought some of the brightest and most creative minds from the development community on stage to unveil the games that will define PS4. A partial initial lineup for PlayStation 4 includes first-party games from Guerilla Games (Killzone: Shadow Fall), Sucker Punch (inFamous Second Son), Evolution Studios (Driveclub), and Japan Studio (Knack), as well as titles from our partners such as Activision/Bungie (Destiny), Blizzard Entertainment (Diablo III), Capcom (Deep Down), and Ubisoft (Watch_Dogs). PlayStation also reinforced its commitment to self-publishing and the independent development community by having Jonathan Blow onstage who gave a sneak peek of his upcoming title The Witness. Finally, the incredible minds at Media Molecule and Quantic Dream gave glimpses of their conceptualization process and the future of gameplay with some remarkable footage. We only scratched the surface at the event, and will have many more exciting titles to come.

8493773646_10ac209e68_z.jpg

Our next generation console will change the way you interact with friends while you play. PlayStation 4 lets you instantly share images and videos of your favorite gameplay moments on Facebook with a single press on the DUALSHOCK 4 controller’s “share” button. You can also broadcast while you play in real-time through Ustream, allowing friends to comment or jump into your game in new ways.

With PlayStation 4 we also want you to access your games quicker than ever before. PS4’s “suspend mode” eliminates the load time on your saved game and allows you to immediately return to where you left off by pressing the power button. PlayStation 4’s background downloading and updating capability also allows you to immediately play digital titles as they download, or update the system when the hardware is powered off.

8493772456_34a85b7767_z.jpg

8493772390_9edab1aa58_n.jpg
8493772388_932586c069_n.jpg

DUALSHOCK 4 adopts the familiar form factor of the DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller with some key enhancements:
  • - Motion control is enabled by a new highly sensitive six-axis sensor
  • - Dual analog sticks fine-tuned for better precision plus improved surface materials and shape for more delicate manipulation
  • - L2/R2 buttons on the top of the controller employ a curved design for easier, smoother interaction
  • - A new “Options” button combines the functions of the DUALSHOCK 3’s “Select” and “Start” buttons for operating in-game menus

You can see more images of the new DUALSHOCK 4 controller here.

Attachments

• PS.png
    PS.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 6,920
Last edited:
Nice! Hope they bring some more PS2 games to PS4 now... even though i don't really like the fact that they're charging us for them, but that's another point...

How's the gameplay itself on PS4? Does it feel enhanced in some way?

Graphics have definitely been upscaled. As for gameplay, it seems pretty much the same as i remembered for the original release. I'm not going to buy many of the PS2 on PS4 releases, unless they're like $6 a piece or less. I know i loved all 3 GTA PS2 games back then, so i didn't have a problem with the bundle price of $17 and some change for the 3.

• Informative
Reactions: monsterzebra
I love the uncharted games very much and want this console too but not sure if i can let go of my white one plus then would probably just remain sealed

Just like they did last year, Sony is holding a PlayStation Store Flash Sale on Valentine’s weekend, saving you money on a wide variety of PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita games you can play with someone else.

With the deals lasting until Monday, February 15, at around 11am PT/2pm ET, here’s what you’ll find in the February 2016 PSN Flash Sale:

PlayStation 4 Games

• Battlefield 4 – $11.99
  • Battlefield 4 Premium – $19.99
  • Battlefield 4 Premium Edition – $23.99
  • BlazeRush – $1.99
  • Blue Estate: The Game – $2.59
  • Boggle – $1.99
  • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons – $5.99
  • Capsule Force – $4.94
  • CastleStorm Definitive Edition – $2.99
  • Defense Grid 2 – $2.99
  • Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition – $23.99
  • Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition – $23.99
  • Far Cry 4 – $17.99
  • Fluster Cluck – $0.99
  • Gauntlet: Slayer Edition – $5.99
  • Geometry Wars 3 – $4.94
  • How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition – $3.99
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition – $5.99
  • Knack – $7.99
  • LEGO Jurassic World – $19.99
  • Magicka 2 – $5.99
  • Magicka 2 Special Edition – $7.99
  • Monopoly Plus – $2.99
  • Overruled! – $4.49
  • PayDay 2: Crimewave Edition – $11.99
  • Penarium – $3.99
  • Primal Carnage: Extinction – $5.99
  • Putty Squad – $9.99
  • Rabbids Invasion – $5.99
  • Rabbids Invasion Gold Edition – $10.49
  • Rally Copters (cross-buy) – $3.89
  • Rayman Legends – $11.99
  • Resogun (cross-buy) – $5.99
  • Rugby 15 – $8.99
  • Rugby World Cup 2015 – $15.99
  • Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition – $11.99
  • Sportsfriends (cross-buy) – $5.99
  • Starwhal – $2.99
  • The Crew Complete Edition – $23.99
  • The Jackbox Party Pack 2 – $7.49
  • TowerFall: Ascension (cross-buy) – $4.49
  • Trine 2: Complete Story – $3.99
  • Worms Battlegrounds – $6.24
  • Yorbie – $0.39
PlayStation 3 Games

• Alien Rage – $5.99
  • Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel – $1.99
  • Battlefield 4 – $7.99
  • Battlefield 4 Premium – $19.99
  • Battlefield 4 Premium Edition – $23.99
  • BlazeRush – $1.99
  • Bomberman Ultra – $2.49
  • Capcom Fighting Evolution (PS2 Classic) – $1.99
  • CastleStorm Complete Edition (PS3/PS Vita) – $2.99
  • Chivalry: Medieval Warfare – $4.94
  • Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls Ultimate Evil Edition – $15.99
  • Enemy Front – $7.99
  • Far Cry 4 – $17.99
  • Final Exam – $1.99
  • Fuse – $2.99
  • Ghost Recon: Future Soldier – $5.99
  • Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Ultimate Edition – $9.99
  • Girl Fight – $1.99
  • Greg Hastings Paintball 2 – $3.99
  • Handball 16 – $15.99
  • Hard Corps: Uprising – $3.74
  • Heavy Fire: Afghanistan – $0.89
  • Heavy Fire: Shattered Spear – $0.89
  • Joe Danger 2: The Movie – $2.99
  • LEGO Jurassic World – $15.99
  • Monopoly Plus – $1.99
  • Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe – $5.99
  • NBA Jam: On Fire Edition – $1.49
  • NBA Jam: On Fire Edition + NFL Blitz – $1.99
  • NFL Blitz – $1.49
  • Raiden IV: Overkill – $2.99
  • Rayman Legends – $11.99
  • Realms of Ancient War – $1.99
  • Rugby 15 – $5.99
  • Rugby World Cup 2015 – $11.99
  • Sacred 3 Gold – $8.99
  • Sniper Elite 3 Ultimate Edition – $8.99
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 – $7.99
  • Sportsfriends (cross-buy) – $5.99
  • Starwhal – $2.99
  • Street Fighter Alpha (PSOne Classic) – $1.19
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2 (PSOne Classic) – $1.19
  • Street Fighter Alpha 3 (PSOne Classic) – $1.99
  • Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix – $2.49
  • Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix – $2.49
  • Tales From Space: About a Blob – $1.59
  • Tales From Space: About a Blob Premium Bundle – $1.99
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows – $4.94
  • The Voice – $9.59
  • Under Defeat HD: Deluxe Edition – $1.99
  • Zombie Apocalypse – $2.49
PlayStation Vita Games

• Army of Two: The 40th Day (PSP) – $1.99
  • Borderlands 2 – $3.99
  • CastleStorm – $1.99
  • Handball 16 – $13.99
  • Joe Danger – $2.19
  • LEGO Jurassic World – $7.99
  • Putty Squad – $9.99
  • Rally Copters (cross-buy) – $3.89
  • Rayman Legends – $8.09
  • Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus – $15.99
  • Soul Sacrifice – $5.99
  • Soul Sacrifice Delta – $7.19
  • Street Fighter Alpha Max 3 (PSP) – $2.49
  • TowerFall: Ascension (cross-buy) – $4.49
*Prices are in USD and may be higher in Canada. Games listed in the Flash Sale without actual sale prices were left out.

Other PlayStation Store deals this week in North America include a Ubisoft Sale and PlayStation Plus savings on new releases

Reactions: Noodles
Downloaded and Played FIREWATCH.
image.jpeg
The visuals are great (helped by Mondo's Olly Moss), and you get sucked into the game (i finished in one sitting)...
But the story was pretty weak. Red herrings abound, and it all amounts to very little. I know I was hoping for some surprises that never came. It just sort of petered out. It's like you were expecting a little X-Files or something, and instead you get an episode of Chicago Fire.

Downloaded and Played FIREWATCH.
View attachment 218681
The visuals are great (helped by Mondo's Olly Moss), and you get sucked into the game (i finished in one sitting)...
But the story was pretty weak. Red herrings abound, and it all amounts to very little. I know I was hoping for some surprises that never came. It just sort of petered out. It's like you were expecting a little X-Files or something, and instead you get an episode of Chicago Fire.
Been looking forward to this one, and the few trailers I've seen look great! But after hearing so many people basically say the same as what you've said, I've decided to wait until it's cheaper, or possibly even free on PS+.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Couldn't find a thread for this game...

Have you heard of this game @Noodles? Looks like it'll be a creepy experience! :ohno:

Nope, first time I've seen/heard of that mate. Looks too damn creepy for me though lol. There actually seems to be quite a few games that look very similar to it coming out now, and it's all because of that P.T. demo I reckon, which I'm not saying is a bad thing. :)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Nope, first time I've seen/heard of that mate. Looks too damn creepy for me though lol. There actually seems to be quite a few games that look very similar to it coming out now, and it's all because of that P.T. demo I reckon, which I'm not saying is a bad thing. :)
@Noodles No thread you say? I'm on it boss! :cool: :thumbs:
48.gif

And it's DONE! :notworthy: >>> HERE!

PS4 noob here. Last console was a PS2, so I've been out of the game for a while. Couple of questions about MLB The Show 16 and couldn't seem to locate a thread.

Basically this game will be the main reason that I purchase the console. I will probably get some other sports games but not at all into shooter or violent games - definitely don't want my young kids exposed to such things masquerading as entertainment.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out which version of this game to get. I know nothing about the stubs or packs etc. I have tried reading up on this stuff and only get more confused.

All I really want to do is to be able to play a season as my team with the real life rosters. Not interested in creating players, spending time engineering fake teams and all that. Just don't have the time for that.

Can I just do that with this game? And if so, can I then just "get by" with the standard version, as opposed to shelling out more money for features I will never use?

PS4 noob here. Last console was a PS2, so I've been out of the game for a while. Couple of questions about MLB The Show 16 and couldn't seem to locate a thread.

Basically this game will be the main reason that I purchase the console. I will probably get some other sports games but not at all into shooter or violent games - definitely don't want my young kids exposed to such things masquerading as entertainment.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out which version of this game to get. I know nothing about the stubs or packs etc. I have tried reading up on this stuff and only get more confused.

All I really want to do is to be able to play a season as my team with the real life rosters. Not interested in creating players, spending time engineering fake teams and all that. Just don't have the time for that.

Can I just do that with this game? And if so, can I then just "get by" with the standard version, as opposed to shelling out more money for features I will never use?
I'm not a fan of sports games or sport in general, so I know practically nothing about the subject. Sir @Wreck seems to be big on American sports though, so maybe he might have a better answer for you.

What you're asking sounds like something that would be included in the game though... again, this is just an assumption from someone who doesn't play these games, but I'd be very surprised if you weren't able to play as any/all real teams etc.

The standard version of the game should be fine if you ask me, although it's probably worth waiting for confirmation from someone who knows for sure! Sorry I couldn't give you a definite answer.

This is one feature that i'll definitely never use. I can't stand playing games on pc.

It will be useful for streamers mostly, those that want to stream the PS4 (but don't have a capture card), as PS4 streaming via the console doesn't give you a lot of advanced options. Also I imagine those with big familys will probably use it as well.

I probably will try it once or twice