POLL & Indiana Jones Quadrilogy Online Only Collectors Edition (Blu-Ray) [UK]

What Indiana Jones Edition are you purchasing?

• Amazon.de Exclusive Steelbook with Zippo

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Amazon UK Online Edition

Votes: 94 74.0%
  • Amazon.fr Steelbook edition

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Media Markt Steelbook Edition

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Regular Amaray set from my country

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • None-not really a huge fan

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Not really sure yet

Votes: 93 73.2%

• Not really sure yet

Votes: 93 73.2%

• Not really sure yet

• Total voters

snowblood

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jun 10, 2010
England
703e82873821caca62e9102852e6ae1d.jpg

[media=youtube]31MqNvpz3uI[/media]

HMV.com
Amazon.co.uk

Old Info -

Temporary cover:
91exirNWMIL__AA1500_.jpg

Video:
[media=youtube]ve7gZX46DsY[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered mine I love these films except skull, which was a bit pants! I hope the extra £20 will be worth it, only time will tell. Still at least we are getting the classics on Blu-ray at last :0)

Gonna wait for specs then place an in-store order...coupled with store credit and a gift card I have, it should lessen the pain (assuming no price drop prior to release)

please be good and not some crappy cardboard box with a plastic collectors item, I want a nice golden idol (NOT PLASTIC), with some art cards, 1 of each film poster, steels would be amazing but its never going to happen so maybe a tin box with just Indiana Jones on the front and a picture of either a hat or whip on the back, a few bonus discs and space to add indy 5 if ever released and a bonus disc, OH AND PLEASE NO CRAPPY PARAMOUNT DISCS I WANT ARTWORK ON THEM. I'm high demand make it happen paramount

Surprised these films never get mentioned in 'top 10' of all time

I think Raiders always gets mentioned as the classic it has become

The next two while still very good are no match for the original

...And part 4 is a mess. Shia's acting is painful to watch at times ;)

Last edited:
For £64.99 I'm expecting more than the BTTF tin as that was £40!

One is a trilogy and the other is a quadrilogy or whatever the hell they call 4 films nowadays.
Why they are being compared pricewise I don't know.
You're getting hung up on the word tin and expect it to be like any other tin that's been out pricewise.

One is a trilogy and the other is a quadrilogy or whatever the hell they call 4 films nowadays.
Why they are being compared pricewise I don't know.
You're getting hung up on the word tin and expect it to be like any other tin that's been out pricewise.

So what you're saying is then you'd expect to pay an extra £25 for a 4th movie in a box set? ;)

From the official press release, "Supervised by director Steven Spielberg and renowned sound designer Ben Burtt, Raiders of the Lost Ark has been meticulously restored with careful attention to preserving the original look, sound and feel of the iconic film. The original negative was first scanned at 4K and then examined frame-by-frame so that any damage could be repaired."

"The sound design was similarly preserved using Burtt’s original master mix, which had been archived and unused since 1981. New stereo surrounds were created using the original music tracks and original effects recorded in stereo but used previously only in mono. In addition, the sub bass was redone entirely up to modern specifications and care was taken to improve dialogue and correct small technical flaws to create the most complete and highest quality version of the sound possible while retaining the director’s vision. The result is an impeccable digital restoration that celebrates the film and its place in cinematic history."

Suggested retail for the set is $99.99. Amazon recently made the collection available for pre-order for $89.99.

Each film will receive a 1080p high definition transfer, with sound remixed in 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. No official word yet has been made regarding bonus features. Paramount does, however, promise hours of bonus content, including documentaries, featurettes, interviews and new bonus features. It would appear as though features from the DVD, at least in some part, will be ported over. We'll keep you posted as more news comes our way!

loving the specs so far!!!!