• Maybe (depending on the artwork)

Votes: 39 14.8%

• Total voters

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
What are your thoughts on this possibly releasing?

artwork similar to this .... But cleaned up of course.

iron.jpg

Share your thoughts ... this would probably retail at £24.99+

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that this is a good idea, i mean, how many people get the chance to vote on a possible steel being made, we might all say no, but in the end, it is a great chance for those who missed out on the other releases to own a copy of the films in SB...

I'm speaking as an owner of the play.com versions, but have no objections for this release, i mean, it would be nice to see a steel with the bonus discs included as then i would definitely buy it, but never the less, i still think that this is a great idea...

Personally the purchase on my behalf would only be made providing that there are the bonus discs, but that's not to say others wont, i think that this would obviously sell out, despite the unanimous vote against it just because it is what it is: an IRON MAN release...

I don't think it's simply because it's an Iron Man release. The fact is that these titles have been released multiple times already (and therefore most people already own a version they're happy with). There is no need for this release, especially when the third film is just around the corner.

I don't think it's simply because it's an Iron Man release. The fact is that these titles have been released multiple times already (and therefore most people already own a version they're happy with). There is no need for this release, especially when the third film is just around the corner.

Fair enough, if most people already own a copy then obviously the release wont be quite so popular, i just didn't know that the majority of people had a copy :wtf:
Plus the release of IM3 is a valid point too, it's like the upcoming 2 releases of Star Trek 11 from Zavvi that are releasing three days after Star Trek 12 is out... There is simply no point...

I think if it will be embossed/debossed (same like IM 1 and IM2 from play) and if they make only a single title line (IRON MAN 1 & ") instead of two...

For me it would be another Iron Man Steelbook for my collection :) So voted for YES!

Reactions: Drum18
I have the first two but would buy this as well. Think it looks really good. I seem to be buying all the new releases at the moment. When there's not a new release i'm on e bay bidding on the old blu banner ones I don't have. Think Paramount should bring out the two Tomb Raiders. Cant get rid of this steel book bug. I need Therapy.

I can't believe the negativity in this thread TBH, if it does happen people will be all over it.
Really? In this thread I see posts going both ways... People who feel the urge to post besides voting usually have a stronger opinion and I think the second one being that much inferior also influences the poll's outcome.

I'm not having a go but look at the amount of people on here that have the SB of the first 2 Nolan batmans
Wasn't that one released much earlier before DKR than this Steelbook of Iron Man 1/2? I mean, now it's just 2 months before the third installment will hit cinemas and what... 5 or 6 before it will be available on BR?

I myself bought Batman Begins and Dark Knight (both loose and combined) because I didn't really needed to see a third movie and after seeing the trailers didn't have have high hopes. Even going to the cinema with low expectations I was dissapointed. I don't care about DKR just as I didn't care about Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions so I stuck to the first two Nolan films and a Steel of just the first Wachowski brothers installment (or brother/sister if you will) was fine for me.

I voted no in this poll because I didn't really care about Iron Man 2 and don't expect much of Iron Man 3. On top of that, I don't like the artwork with the dark blue clouds (has nothing to do with the movie and it looks like a lazy photoshop job). If Iron Man 3 rocks I might get a trilogy Steel but if that doesn't turn up I'll just buy the third film and forget the second ever being made :p