Prey (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Aug 10, 2023
Release date: October 3, 2023
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $40.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

20230817_160901.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m glad I was able to snag one.. apparently the scalpers had a field day with this one, and are already trying to sell for $150. A Lot of people are pissed that bestbuy didn’t bring any in store for purchase.

People would still be pissed even if they were in stores. If there were 2 copies some people would have still missed out.

More copies than that and they would have been pissed about visible dents or scratches or loose discs in the copies in store.

People just love to be pissed at Best Buy when it comes to steelbooks.

Common complaints:

-It was shipped in a box that was too big.
-It was shipped in a box without padding.
-It was shipped in a box that was too big without padding. Even when 9 out of those 10 comments mention that it was in a box that was too big without padding and "luckily there wasn't any damage" they're still pissed about it.
-It was shipped in a bubble mailer and damaged.
-It was shipped in a bubble mailer but "miraculously not damaged" but they still get pissed off about it anyway.
-They're pissed off because they paid $40 for it and it didn't come with a digital copy.
-They're pissed off just because they paid $40 for it.
-They're pissed off because they pre-ordered it "Day One!" and they haven't received a shipping notification 3 days before the release date.
-They're pissed off because tracking says they won't receive it on release day.
-They're pissed off because UPS handed it off to the USPS or vice versa.
-They're pissed off because when they pre-ordered they couldn't select in-store pick-up.

It just goes on and on and on.

Here's a post I just saw on another site about a copy of "The Mist" and "Prey" steelbooks shipped from Best Buy.

"Got my copy in a box five times bigger than necessary. With no packing at all I've dodged another bullet with having no dents. This is getting even more ridiculous. I just received the Prey 4k steelbook a few days back in totally different packaging that actually had some cushioning at least."

Good Grief, Charlie Brown.

F**k me, I need a break from all of the whining about steelbooks being received in good shape. Including a break from my own whining about other people whining.

I’m glad I was able to snag one.. apparently the scalpers had a field day with this one, and are already trying to sell for $150. A Lot of people are pissed that bestbuy didn’t bring any in store for purchase.
you can pick this up from everywhere (else) around the world at cost and its not unlikely this gets reprinted

i hope no one is dumb enough to pay 150$ for this

Here's a post I just saw on another site about a copy of "The Mist" and "Prey" steelbooks shipped from Best Buy.

"Got my copy in a box five times bigger than necessary. With no packing at all I've dodged another bullet with having no dents. This is getting even more ridiculous. I just received the Prey 4k steelbook a few days back in totally different packaging that actually had some cushioning at least."

Good Grief, Charlie Brown.

F**k me, I need a break from all of the whining about steelbooks being received in good shape. Including a break from my own whining about other people whining.
What’s your point? Sounds like a stupid way to package and send something. Complaint warranted

People would still be pissed even if they were in stores. If there were 2 copies some people would have still missed out.

More copies than that and they would have been pissed about visible dents or scratches or loose discs in the copies in store.

People just love to be pissed at Best Buy when it comes to steelbooks.

Common complaints:

-It was shipped in a box that was too big.
-It was shipped in a box without padding.
-It was shipped in a box that was too big without padding. Even when 9 out of those 10 comments mention that it was in a box that was too big without padding and "luckily there wasn't any damage" they're still pissed about it.
-It was shipped in a bubble mailer and damaged.
-It was shipped in a bubble mailer but "miraculously not damaged" but they still get pissed off about it anyway.
-They're pissed off because they paid $40 for it and it didn't come with a digital copy.
-They're pissed off just because they paid $40 for it.
-They're pissed off because they pre-ordered it "Day One!" and they haven't received a shipping notification 3 days before the release date.
-They're pissed off because tracking says they won't receive it on release day.
-They're pissed off because UPS handed it off to the USPS or vice versa.
-They're pissed off because when they pre-ordered they couldn't select in-store pick-up.

It just goes on and on and on.
So true. All facebook groups are filled with the complaints. Must be a tough life getting pissed off with every steelbook delivery.

Don’t remember Disney doing reprints in US in the last 5 years, so it’s probably gone for good. Should shop in Europe while still available.

just FYI last time this happened with a Disney steelbook, the Best Buy warehouse got their allocation, but the distributor had trouble getting the allocation to stores.

It's VERY plausible it has happened with this release, so if I were a USA person, I would keep checking back with Best Buy on the daily.

Well let's hope that EU gets same finish as US. That would make obtaining it so much easier.
I just went for amaray in this case. Didn't like artwork on steel.

Just received this little gem, Really Nice Steelbook! I was not going to try to get this as it was sold out, but after seeing the artwork… I had to go for it :drool: it did cost me quite a pretty penny though EEK! . I assume again that the Blu-ray Artwork is an exclusive to this BB Steelbook and the regular Amaray release will be a generic Blue, Blu-ray !? (n):dunno:

Attachments

• 05F93ED5-785F-4400-936E-08D61F363CF1.jpeg
    05F93ED5-785F-4400-936E-08D61F363CF1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 96
  • 9750910B-2A1B-46B2-9D5C-421BD3DD3AD6.jpeg
    9750910B-2A1B-46B2-9D5C-421BD3DD3AD6.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 100
  • 09742E73-328F-4845-8C8F-B3283A87D981.jpeg
    09742E73-328F-4845-8C8F-B3283A87D981.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 90
  • 14C68D5E-84BB-4086-94F9-D8304E368903.jpeg
    14C68D5E-84BB-4086-94F9-D8304E368903.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 95
Last edited:
When I bought my copy from eBay on October 1st, all listings were at 70$. It also stated that this was Sold Out, it was hard to swallow to pay that much but I had missed out and I really wanted one. So 70$ + Shipping was like :banghead: but apparently I got lucky as it seems a few days later they were going for 150$ EEK!

The demand for this item seems like it was high plus it states on the J-Card that it is a “Limited Edition” …not sure if I see this written often on a Best Buy Exclusive :dunno: (n)

When I bought my copy from eBay on October 1st, all listings were at 70$. It also stated that this was Sold Out, it was hard to swallow to pay that much but I had missed out and I really wanted one. So 70$ + Shipping was like :banghead: but apparently I got lucky as it seems a few days later they were going for 150$ EEK!

The demand for this item seems like it was high plus it states on the J-Card that it is a “Limited Edition” …not sure if I see this written often on a Best Buy Exclusive :dunno: (n)
Steelbooks are always listed as limited editions. Limited can mean a print run of 50K or 4K or whatever, it’s not possible to know how limited it really is.

Well, I’m glad you were able to get one, even if the price was a bit steep. It’s a great looking sb.

• Friendly
Reactions: Actarus
would love to buy one but im in Canada. If there is anyway to secure one, please let me know, Can pay right away and would be extremely grateful...