Premium Supporter
Jan 4, 2012
Ireland
Release date: July 4, 2018
Purchase links: JB Hi-Fi AU - JB Hi-Fi NZ
Price: AUS $39.98 - NZ $42.98

109078-L-LO.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's too bad that it's another series of releases without full artwork. I might have to design custom SteelBooks for my favorites.

I’m missing this and howls so I’m happy I should be able to get these cheap on a JB sale at some point
Just be aware the spines are different than their UK counterparts, if that's important to you.:thumbs:

View attachment 383831

Looks the exact same minus studiocanal logo......

I didn’t notice the studio canal part. That don’t actually bother me.
A pic has been posted in the my neighbour Totoro Australian thread too and it looks no different. Unless it’s a wrong pic

Edit: ah it’s a comparison pic

2 BD's and a DVD? What's on the second BD?

Inside art looks a lot more vibrant on the Ozzy edition although it might just be the photos?

I’ve just picked up Totoro + Spirited Away and can confirm that it’s 1 x Blu & 2 x DVD’s.

You are correct the inside art is vibrant which has that good sense of pop with the contrast.

Can anyone confirm if the Australian releases are superior to the UK?

It might just be the pics but the colours look much brighter to me.

If you can overlook some slight differences when compared to the UK Studio Canal releases like with the spine, different aligned inside artwork and extra disc housing then yes in a way they are. The only drawback is you are ultimately given up that uniformity you would get if you stuck with only the UK releases especially if you don’t unseal your Ghibli Steels as the J Card / data card Slip is quite different.