Slipbox Prisoners (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Steelarchive Exclusive K Series) [Germany]

Futurhythm

Premium Supporter
May 16, 2013
In Technicolor
Release date: 12 August 2017
Purchase link: SteelArchive (Preorder live 29 May 2017)
Price: 39.95€
Note: Limited to 500 copies. Includes photo book and 6 photo cards.

18699767_1744993668850733_7051869359672811837_n.jpg

Info zu :

The Neon Demon / Prisoners

Beide Edition sind jetzt fest und werden umgesetzt.

Prisoners : Die neuen Gespräche sind abgeschlossen und es läuft jetzt für beide Seiten zu vernünftigen Konditionen.

Änderungen : Auflage : 500 K-Serie

The Neon Demon : Leider ohne Booklet, da es seitens des Lizenzeigners nicht erwünscht ist. Daher mit Photobook.

Auflage : 300 K-Serie

Release / Preorder nach Fertigstellung

It's happening again!

Last edited:
As much as I really love this artwork, I cannot justify paying $60 CDN plus shipping for a Scanovo release. It sucks because if it was at a regular price point I would immediately buy this... just too much IMO for a non-steelbook release.

As much as I really love this artwork, I cannot justify paying $60 CDN plus shipping for a Scanovo release. It sucks because if it was at a regular price point I would immediately buy this... just too much IMO for a non-steelbook release.
What's the regular price point for a WEA commissioned artwork, Scanavo case, collector's edition, limited to 500 copies release, with full slip case, photo book, booklet and photo cards? :naughty:

• Thanks
Reactions: Lenny Nero
What's the regular price point for a WEA commissioned artwork, Scanavo case, collector's edition, limited to 500 copies release, with full slip case, photo book, booklet and photo cards? :naughty:
Usually it's around $35, A lot of retailers like PA and Kimchi release them for this price.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry

Well, when premium steelbook packages from places like KimchiDVD, Manta Labs, etc. go for ~$10 less, I have trouble justifying paying so much for a non-steelbook.

That said... you actually convinced me to pull the trigger haha. I know that I'll regret it if I don't since it is a beautiful release and very limited.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ranavalone
Usually it's around $35, A lot of retailers like PA and Kimchi release them for this price.
Indeed; this release has roughly $10 higher price tag.

I believe that it'll be a while before SteelArchive will reach similar levels (of economies of scale) with PA and Kimchi.

• Thanks
Reactions: dchamp444
Damn, I already bought the one-click triple pack from Plain Archive (with the much more desired High-Rise). Didn't know this was back. Now gotta buy both and make one good edition out of the two (like the scanavo art there, and the booklets here, undecided on the slipcase).

Hell everybody,

i can´t understand why we talk at every Release from SA over the Price. Sure PA Edition of Prisoner cost 10 $ less then our BUT when you check all details :

prisoners12.JPG

So , you can see now whats different. And i hope you all understand why our edition cost 10 $ more.
Also Plain produce in Korean or whatever , we produce in germany- there´s a little bit diffrent price class.

Hell everybody,

i can´t understand why we talk at every Release from SA over the Price. Sure PA Edition of Prisoner cost 10 $ less then our BUT when you check all details :

View attachment 322044

So , you can see now whats different. And i hope you all understand why our edition cost 10 $ more.
Also Plain produce in Korean or whatever , we produce in germany- there´s a little bit diffrent price class.

Exactly, its great to discuss prices etc but its good to have an informed discussion.

Hell everybody,

View attachment 322044

You mean German labor is more expensive than Korean labor? Why not just eliminate all the cards and other extras to keep the cost down? I am certain collectors are not after those extras but the artwork and the slipcase.

You mean German labor is more expensive than Korean labor? Why not just eliminate all the cards and other extras to keep the cost down? I am certain collectors are not after those extras but the artwork and the slipcase.

I do care about the extras and would like a regular sized slip vs a skinny slip that I am forced to buy sometimes example: Prisoners Plain Archive Skinny Slip, Kimchi Skinny Full Slips of most WWA releases etc.

I think most people are happy with the extras and care about it VS the ones that are not; So instead of complaining about $5 or $10 they should just not buy it.

German labor vs Korean Labor, yes of course it is more expensive but what all the masterminds cant figure out here is the cost of printing 5 slips cases /cards etc vs printing 1000 or more is not the same unit price. So why compare a 500 print run to a 1500-2000 print run?

It just blows my mind you being a seasoned collector dont know all that goes in the backend.

And then you have a thin slip without extras. Only disc.

Reactions: djjez83
I do care about the extras and would like a regular sized slip vs a skinny slip that I am forced to buy sometimes example: Prisoners Plain Archive Skinny Slip, Kimchi Skinny Full Slips of most WWA releases etc.

I think most people are happy with the extras and care about it VS the ones that are not; So instead of complaining about $5 or $10 they should just not buy it.

German labor vs Korean Labor, yes of course it is more expensive but what all the masterminds cant figure out here is the cost of printing 5 slips cases /cards etc vs printing 1000 or more is not the same unit price. So why compare a 500 print run to a 1500-2000 print run?

It just blows my mind you being a seasoned collector dont know all that goes in the backend.

To tell you the truth, I don't even look at the extras. I just want a quality slipcase for the release. Those $5 to $10 can add up and instead of buying an amaray for $50, I may just wait for a steelbook for the same price. Now, if this cost less than $40 then I may not have any second thoughts. I understand that there are collectors who have a disposable income so they have no problems coughing up releases left and right. ;)

Just to be clear, I am not complaining at all. :thumbs:

It's always a bit questionable talking about what collectors want, as it's as diverse community as any :)

But I've seen many posts in various steelbook and collectible threads from collectors who want "more" (extras) rather than "less".

Undoubtedly there are also many who are not interested in various extras at all.

Obviously it's well-nigh impossible to make everybody happy.

Me, I'm not that thrilled about various card, but I'm always interested in a well-made booklet. That's one thing I love about Steelarchive releases (WEA artwork being another big feature for me) :thumbs: