PS3 Error 8001050F - Everything is Over!-- bug made Front Page News!!

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
OK so diva mentioned this tonight and was wondering how to get back on. I told her it's happened to me and it was my modem so to just reboot it. I've now got the same problem but my mode
is fine. Was playing a match with roach when there was a flash on my screen. I thought w we EMPed but it booted me out into theoading screen. I ended up quoting the game and starting againg but I was booted fro
the ps network and can't get back on. I can't even play SP because it says something about not being able to access my trophies so the game quits automatically. Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything should be ok now according to the PS blog

Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

We are aware that the internal clock functionality in the PS3 units other than the slim model, recognized the year 2010 as a leap year. Having the internal clock date change from February 29 to March 1 (both GMT), we have verified that the symptoms are now resolved and that users are able to use their PS3 normally.

If the time displayed on the XMB is still incorrect, users are able to adjust time settings manually or via the internet. If we have new information, we will update you through the PlayStation.Blog or PlayStation.com.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aimPRKfqKGw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aimPRKfqKGw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:hilarious:

EEK!

:hilarious::hilarious:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony explains PS3 error

Sony has explained the problems that caused non-PS3 Slim models to face errors today. The problem had to do with the internal clock functionality recognizing that 2010 was a leap year. These problems have now been resolved.

Patrick Seybold, Sr. Director of Corporate Communications & Social Media, posted on the PlayStation Blog that if the date is still incorrect on older systems, it can be manually corrected.

“If the time displayed on the XMB is still incorrect, users are able to adjust time settings manually or via the internet,” he writes.

“We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused,” Seybold says.

We will keep you posted as we learn more about the issues.

Some guy on youtube said all you have to do is disable your internet connection. And manually change the date and time reset the ps3. Connect internet. And viola!

Commuters in London woke up to the front page headline ‘Millions Hit By PS3 Meltdown’ today.

The London edition of Metro, a free daily newspaper with a circulation of around 750,000, decided that the bug that crashed millions of PS3 consoles was the most important story in the world this morning.

The story was also covered by most of the UK national newspapers and was a prominent article on the BBC website.

The widespread coverage shows just how important the global games market has become and, along with events such as the launch of Modern Warfare 2, shows that games have the potential to elbow out more ‘traditional’ news stories to grab the headlines.

terminalgamer.com/2010/03/02/ps3-bug-is-front-page-news/

lol...90% of my games are on the ps3 & i was going kinda nut's....You couldn't even play your single player game's because of the stupid Error what was the worse of it.

lol...90% of my games are on the ps3 & i was going kinda nut's....You couldn't even play your single player game's because of the stupid Error what was the worse of it.

I spent part of last night going back over a few of the parts in Bioshock that I didn't get trophies for while the error was going on. A few of my game saves have 12/31/1999 as the date.