PS3 hacker lands Facebook job

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
George Hotz, the notorious hacker who shot to Internet fame for becoming the first person to jailbreak the PlayStation 3, has reportedly landed a job at social networking site, Facebook.

Hotz, who also managed to bypass iPhone security measures, was locked into a legal battle with Sony after he revealed the root keys to the PlayStation 3. Sony’s lawsuit was eventually settled out of court.

It’s rumoured that Hotz is currently working on a new iPad app for Facebook, though his exact job title is unknown and Facebook is yet to even confirm that he works at the company. Hotz’s Facebook status update, however, confirms that he is currently enjoying his time so far working at the site. “Facebook is really an amazing place to work...first hackathon over," reads a status update on June 22.

I thought Zuckerburg said he doesn't believe tablets are a mobile device and they wont develop an app for them. Maybe change of heart.

That was the first thing I thought when I read this too... haha... Then I thought. Who cares if he got the job. I'd rather him be working to make something safe with all that knowledge...