Rakuten - The End is Nigh

Oh dear. First the high streets now online merchants. Rakuten tried to keep the Play.com legacy alive, I think when it transitioned into a site for marketplace sellers sales dipped. Sad news.

IMO rakuten was nothing like original play.com

yes, been there. done that.

I wonder if their extremely slow website and weird payment system when you order with a discount code/ points (you don't actully know if you ordered the item because you get a failed screen and no order details) had anything to do with it. Oh and their search function is annoying too

Ah, I got the Hellraiser Scarlet Box for free off that massive rakuten points thing when I bought a PS4 and so many £5 off vouchers last year issued. Still, generally otherwise terrible and I can't recall last time I paid full price for something from there. Sorry for those who will now be looking for work come August though

It's a shame but the website hasn't been the same since Play.com ended. With it just being sellers it was never the same. I have used it once or twice when there has been a decent offer but not a lot.

Reactions: Flash
I only ever bought from there when they had offers on. To be honest, it was always going to be hard for them to make products cheaper than amazon after sellers and the site itself needing profits