Rambo The Complete Collection Hand Granade Case Blu-Ray [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
8160hmDiYcL._AA1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00525QL8I/?tag=hidefnin-21

Looks awesome, but I bet it will just be some cheapy plastic thing ... hoping not, or at least highly detailed plastic. I might consider it, but who knows ... as I got all the Rambo's already.

That's pretty cool -- but with the simple US Boxset being soooooo damn inexpensive, it's hard to imagine shelling out roughly $85 USD plus shipping for this.

(You can find the US boxset for about $25-$30 new)

Yeah but I imagine this price will come down ... esp over time. I might grab when its uber cheap and if the pictures do it justice to justify it.

This is also being released in Spain on 28th September, no indication of price yet but details as follows....

Blu-ray contents:
3 Discs. Remastered Picture & Sound.

Extras:

Rambo
Making of. Rambo: A look back.
Audio commentary by David Morrell & Sylvester Stallone.
Alternative ending.
The Real Vietnam.
Heroes: The Green Berets, Courage & Honour.
Report on Rambo - Part 1
Trailer.

Rambo II
Making of.
The opinion of George P. Cosmatos.
Report on Rambo - Part 2.
We're Gonna win this Game.
TV spots.
Trailer.

Rambo III
Making of.
Afganistan - Country in crisis.
Alternative start & deleted scenes.
Audio commentary by Peter MacDonald.
The Road of an American Hero - The Rambo Trilogy.
Full Circle.
Rambo weapons: survival.
Sly vs Rambo
Report on Rambo - Part 3.
TV Spots.
Trailer.

This is also being released in Spain on 28th September, no indication of price yet but details as follows....

Blu-ray contents:
3 Discs. Remastered Picture & Sound.

image shows 4 discs, will Spain will get just 3? or that 3 discs are just for extras? (dont think so)

image shows 4 discs, will Spain will get just 3? or that 3 discs are just for extras? (dont think so)

Good point Buffalo, looks like the Spanish are only getting 3 disks - the photo on Spanish sites only shows 3. This is possibly a licensing issue as it seems that Rambo 4 was released by a different company (Optimum?) to the first 3.

While Googling for an answer to this I found that some UK web sites are also showing a picture of this set with just 3 discs!

Just realised, the Spanish version is called Trilogy, whereas the UK version is "The complete collection"

Last edited:
This CE looked cool in the promo pictures, but turned out to be quite naff. For some reason, I assumed the grenade was going to be made out of steel or tin (much like a biscuit tin), but turned out to be very cheap and nasty brittle plastic. The edges look rough and unfinished, and looks very poorly glued. I certainly wouldn't want to handle it too many times for fear of something snapping off in my hand! Definitely one to look at from a distance!

This ranks up there alongside Tron Legacy as one of the WORST Blu-Ray CE's I have ever bought to date, and I regret paying RRP for it upon release!

This CE looked cool in the promo pictures, but turned out to be quite naff. For some reason, I assumed the grenade was going to be made out of steel or tin (much like a biscuit tin), but turned out to be very cheap and nasty brittle plastic. The edges look rough and unfinished, and looks very poorly glued. I certainly wouldn't want to handle it too many times for fear of something snapping off in my hand! Definitely one to look at from a distance!

This ranks up there alongside Tron Legacy as one of the WORST Blu-Ray CE's I have ever bought to date, and I regret paying RRP for it upon release!

Was the Tron Legacy really that bad! I have been looking for one for a while but can't find any at a reasonable price.

On top of what I said above, the discs don't match (clearly they didn't want to press separate discs for Rambo IV, and just used stock discs from other releases), and I would have expected the discs to have been stacked vertically in a foam insert, similar to how they are in The Phantasm Dvd sphere or Alien bust

You can see how poor quality it is in the pictures provided by softandy above, and you can see how rough the finish is where the two halves have been joined. The whole thing may as well be a cheap plastic plant pot! Certainly not a premium item that you would want displayed on your collection shelves, especially when there are beter quality Blu-Ray CE's out there

The main reason why anyone would buy this is because the BDs are the much much much better remastered discs that can't be bought elsewhere in the UK or US.

You can however buy a very nice digipack from Italy for about £18 for the trilogy :D

Let me know if you'd like pics

I have heard a lot of bad things about this one. Looking at those pics it doesn't look great, It does look to be quite cheaply made!