Rambo: The Video Game

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK

UK videogame publisher Reef Entertainment has today announced that Rambo: The Video Game will be playable on the show floor at this year’s Gamescom.

Little is currently known about the forthcoming videogame, and yet anticipation is already riding high.

Reef Entertainment Commercial Director Craig Lewis said: “We have been quiet since we acquired the Rambo license last August. During this time we have been dedicated to creating a videogame for consoles and PC that will allow Rambo fans and gamers across the globe to really get under the skin of Rambo and wield his iconic weapon-set in battle.”

“We look forward to sharing more information about the game in the lead up to Gamescom.”

Gamescom kicks off in Cologne August 15th.

gaming_rambo_video_game_poster.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is unlimited potential when it comes to making games based off this license. Everything from top-down arcade shooters to a FPS to a TPS to a combo and everything in-between.

That said, it's sort of depressing that my only thought at this point is, "I hope it doesn't suck too bad."

Reactions: Wreck
Reef Entertainment has released a few details for Rambo: The Video Game, along with a cinematic trailer and the first screenshots.

Rambo: The Video Game is a fixed-perspective, first-person shooter & action game allowing players to fill the combat boots of John Rambo on a violent journey through iconic action sequences from the original three legendary Rambo movies.

“We have been quiet since we acquired the Rambo license last August. During this time we have been dedicated to creating a videogame for consoles and PC that will allow Rambo fans and gamers across the globe to really get under the skin of Rambo and wield his iconic weapon-set in battle”, said Reef Entertainment Commercial Director Craig Lewis.

The trailer is made up of footage from the film and features no gameplay or game images at all – you can check it out below...

Developers Tevon are planning to release more info at Gamescom which kicks off later this month.

Last edited by a moderator:
This seems to have gone very quiet?

Maybe it's going to be one of those games that comes out late i a consoles life cycle that is really good.Or maybe it just got cancelled.But if it did a big movie game like Rambo would have been reported cancelled by now.

The game is still in development, but Reef are a fairly small company and they're apparently taking their time with the game to perfect everything.

They're pretty active on Facebook and actually reply to people's comments, so it might be worth following them on there if you want to keep more up-to-date with everything. :)

Reactions: Horhay
They said it's a rail shooter on the facebook wall,why not make it a third person shooter?That would have been perfect for rambo with stealth kills.

I can't tell what this is supposed to be, FPS? I hope they are still working on polishing the game because in that video the image looks terrible IMO.