Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen anything by L&H, but after falling in love with Chaplin and silent cinema just a year or two ago, I'm really eager to! What would you recommend I check out first?

If I may suggest, you can watch a few Laurel and Hardy episodes here

Hardy is the fat guy with a temper and Laurel is the quiet, fumbling guy. Enjoy. They were quite popular in the late 1930s onwards.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
If I may suggest, you can watch a few Laurel and Hardy episodes here

Hardy is the fat guy with a temper and Laurel is the quiet, fumbling guy. Enjoy. They were quite popular in the late 1930s onwards.

Many thanks! I'll definitely check those out shortly. :)

Oh, and I also appreciate you explaining who's who, as I genuinely had no clue before. :p

A belated welcome to HDN by the way! :thumbs:

There are so many gems in Laurel and Hardy's catalogue but generally their 20 minutes shorts are best. Look out for their regular comic foil James Finlayson. Small scottish bloke with the moustache. He constantly says doe when annoyed by Oliver and Hardy and that's where Homer Simpsons famous expression comes from..... And also Hardy's "That's another fine mess you got me into to".

Reactions: Noodles
There are so many gems in Laurel and Hardy's catalogue but generally their 20 minutes shorts are best. Look out for their regular comic foil James Finlayson. Small scottish bloke with the moustache. He constantly says doe when annoyed by Oliver and Hardy and that's where Homer Simpsons famous expression comes from..... And also Hardy's "That's another fine mess you got me into to".
Interesting stuff! I never knew that about Homer's "doh". I do love a good short anyway, especially as they're easy to fit in during work breaks, so I've no excuse not to give them a watch. :D

Watch this from beginning to end. If you don't find it funny don't bother watching Laurel and Hardy.

Will check this out along with the ones Macsonic posted sometime tomorrow. :thumbs:

Prom Night 2008
halfn-png.127233

As poor as the original is (in my eyes) this one is just dire. Completely lacking in imagination, suspense, acting, good story pretty much everything that is required for a decent film. Long periods of boredom combined with loads and loads of shots of cupboards.

Night of the Lepus 1974

There's bad and there's bad it's so good. If you enjoy cute bunnies running down a model set in slow motion, this is your thing. De Forest Kelly, Janet Leigh and a host of famous people who wish afterwards they had never signed up. "My God Jim, Killer bunnies!"
If you ever wondered what inspired Monty Python's Holy Grail, now you know.

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

The Dam Busters 1954

A rare trip to the cinema tonight to see this restored classic on the big screen. It's clear it had serious work done and a lot of the matte work had been cleaned up. The audience I was with groaned when the wretched "This film contain language etc" warning came up at the beginning of the film. Considering this film was being shown after an hour live from the Royal Albert Hall to celebrate the 75 anniversary of the raid, everyone there knew what they were in for. And if you didn't why were you there?. Interestingly when Dan Snow banged on about the racial language in the film being kept in, the audience in the Albert Hall clapped at it being keep in. He was clearly taken back. A rare occasion where PC censorship didn't take place. I've a golden rule when it comes to film and TV. Whatever was done in the past, it should stay there. You may or may not like it, but it's part of cinema history for better or worse.
Again a digital transmission and right away you notice one thing with all digital cinema transmissions. The black levels are never as black as a film print. That's the only thing they never get right. Bar that excellent.
That's my 1st cinema trip since Jaws 3 years ago. Really looking forward to the deluxe box set on June 4th. I've keep the promo leaflet they give out with the film, I'll scan it some time and put it up for you all to see.

The Greatest Showman (2017)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

If you're a fan of musicals, then you'll love this. Honestly, I usually can't stand them... but I really enjoyed this one!

A Quiet Place (2018)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

I can't remember the last time a film went by so quickly, which can only be a good sign! Man, this was some edge-of-the-seat stuff... I usually scoff an entire bag of popcorn within the first 20 mins of a film, but I managed to make it last the entire 1 hour 30 minute runtime because I stopped chewing each time there was a tense moment, which is basically the entire film lol. My only minor complaints are that it was a little predictable in places, and I honestly think they could've fleshed the story out a bit more. Apart from that, I had a hell of a time!