Sep 9, 2011
Release date: July 24, 2018
Purchase links: Best Buy.ca
Price: $32.99 CDN

m2227649.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
I think BBY Canada is going to get out of the physical media market altogether. Walked into their newly remodeled Canadian store and the selection was awful. One double sided rack with new releases and no steelbooks at all. No older stock to speak of. On the contrast, I was in BBY USA and walked out with 4 new steels from a multi-rack selection. For this movie, I'm getting the 4K USA version. Then, Mr. Trump, I will declare it at the border. But not my new shoes.

Better.
But considering it's a standard 2D release without anything fancy, this should be $26.99, or even better $22.99 like Pacific Rim this Week… but that's just day dreaming…

And it's still more expensive than importing the Italian release...

Tx for the tag!

Just curious @Drum18 how is it cheaper importing it if it’s £22.99 plus shipping and exchange rate that’s like $53 Canadian for a 2k steelbook

Just curious @Drum18 how is it cheaper importing it if it’s £22.99 plus shipping and exchange rate that’s like $53 Canadian for a 2k steelbook
I dont know if this is a "online only" release but let's just say you are buying this item alone for comparison sake. Then price + tax + shipping should be around 45 CAD. If we import from Italy, we don't pay VAT and should bring the price down to around 40 CAD. It might be around the same price, but usually it's cheaper.

I dont know if this is a "online only" release but let's just say you are buying this item alone for comparison sake. Then price + tax + shipping should be around 45 CAD. If we import from Italy, we don't pay VAT and should bring the price down to around 40 CAD. It might be around the same price, but usually it's cheaper.

I ch caked out on Amazon.it and it works out to $54 Canadian without VAT unless the other retailer is cheaper.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
I ch caked out on Amazon.it and it works out to $54 Canadian without VAT unless the other retailer is cheaper.
Sorry, should have mentionned I ordered also Tomb Raider (which wasn't available here in Steelbook) there too for a total of 50€ -> 78$ CAD = 39$ CAD each

But still, if you order it alone, it ends up 45.30$ CAD vs 38$ CAD if you buy it locally, which is now better with the new pricing.
Image2.jpg

Sorry, should have mentionned I ordered also Tomb Raider (which wasn't available here in Steelbook) there too for a total of 50€ -> 78$ CAD = 39$ CAD each

But still, if you order it alone, it ends up 45.30$ CAD vs 38$ CAD if you buy it locally, which is now better with the new pricing.
View attachment 379816

I see now. I also can’t read Italian so I had it on the 2-15 days shipping. I should have done that with Tomb Raider but I bought the 4K amaray instead.

Didn't get delivered for release day. After A Quiet Place came on the Monday, I was hopeful for at least a Tuesday delivery.:(

They should show up in a box. At least my 2 orders did (forgot to cancel one with the old price). I just opened mine thinking it was all good and it is except just under Stephen Spielberg’s name is a tiny line size of a tiny hair (paint chip) but seems like it’s a hassle to get perfect copies without 1 flaw. No dents so I think I’m happy. Should have been glossy. Don’t understand these not being glossy. Studios should get ideas from collectors instead of what they think we want.

Reactions: Leafs17
Mine still hasn't shown up. Anyone else still waiting?

Edit: It left Mississauga on Monday, showed up in Calgary today.

The only problem is that I live in Ottawa.:angry:

Last edited:
Mine still hasn't shown up. Anyone else still waiting?

Edit: It left Mississauga on Monday, showed up in Calgary today.

The only problem is that I live in Ottawa.:angry:

@Leafs17 I honestly don’t understand how Canada Post works. I have had items from other companies ship out from Mississauga and go back and forth to Scarborough for almost a whole week and I live in Keswick which isn’t far from Mississauga. The delivery date keeps getting postponed. Guess that’s what we get for having free shipping.

• Thanks
Reactions: Leafs17