Red Dwarf X (HMV Exclusive) [UK] - Problems With Scratches?

May 15, 2013
UK
Apologies for posting this six months late, but it has been bugging me for quite some time.

I'm just curious whether anyone else's SteelBook copy of Red Dwarf X (HMV Exclusive) has horizontal scratches all across the front?

I pre-ordered my Red Dwarf X SteelBook from HMV, and when it arrived I noticed that there were some obvious hairline scratches across the SteelBook artwork, but beneath the cellophane seal. I ordered a second copy straight away, and a few days later I had two to compare, and the other one had exactly the same thing. I then ordered a third, hoping to get a perfect SteelBook, but again that one had scratches as well

I assume at this point that every copy is like this?

As all three SteelBooks I ordered were still factory sealed in cellophane, the damage could only have occurred during manufacture

If you recall, the recently released Jack Reacher Blu-Ray SteelBook suffered a similar problem, causing The Entertainment Store to commission another batch of flawless SteelBooks as replacements. The Red Dwarf X scratches are similar, but much more obvious, and located in a different place

Unfortunately, the scratches do not appear to show up very well in photo's, so I can't show you guys what I am talking about, but I'm hoping that some of you who also own this release can confirm whether all copies are like this, or just a small batch?

Last edited:
I ended up selling off the duplicates for around £40-£50 each some while ago, and kept the one which had the less noticeable markings. It frustrates me though!