Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Reptile

Genre: Drama, Crime, Thriller

Director: Grant Singer

Cast: Benicio del Toro, Justin Timberlake, Alicia Silverstone, Michael Pitt, Karl Glusman, Frances Fisher, Domenick Lombardozzi, Owen Teague, Eric Bogosian, Victor Rasuk, Sky Ferreira

Release: 2023-10-06

Runtime: 134

Plot: A hardened New England detective investigates a case where nothing is as it seems, and which begins to dismantle the illusions in his own life.

reptile.jpeg

Slow-burning but truly great, old fashioned murder mystery in the vein of Copland with Stallone.
Having seen similar stories I did guess ahead of the main character a bit, but it was still very interesting and didn't go the way I initially thought during the first hour.
This being a lackluster year, I think it'll even be in the Top 10, or near there.
Glad to see Alicia Silverstone, though again I was surprised she's not 21...
Matilda Lutz (Zone 44, Revenge) is barely in it, but I guess we'll have to wait for Red Sonja remake for her.
Benicio del Toro basically carries the whole film.

I bailed 30 mins in as it seemed to be going nowhere fast. Perhaps I’ll need to return to it someday… maybe… probably… or not. Yeah, likely not. If it was on a plane I might watch… maybe… oh, who am I fooling, it wasn’t my cup of tea.

I bailed 30 mins in as it seemed to be going nowhere fast. Perhaps I’ll need to return to it someday… maybe… probably… or not. Yeah, likely not. If it was on a plane I might watch… maybe… oh, who am I fooling, it wasn’t my cup of tea.
The first hour is kinda misleading, it builds up and turns into something entirely different.
I didn't like Copland initially either (but I was a dumb 15-year old that only watched Con Air and Face/Off :D), now it's one of my favorites.

Reactions: Chievera
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database