Return to Oz (1985)

Would you buy a Return to Oz steelbook?

• Yes. I love this movie. I would definitely buy a steelbook.

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Probably, if the steelbook was well done and premium quality.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Hmm. Not sure. I was not a big fan of this movie, but I might consider it.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Definitely no.

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

jimmyv

Premium Supporter
Mar 27, 2013
SoCal, USA
Aside from the glaringly obvious WTF-ness of why they chose to cast a younger Dorothy in the sequel than the original, I absolutely loved this movie as a kid.

It's much darker, much stranger, and completely off base for a sequel to the classic, but son of a gun if Return to Oz isn't loaded to the brim with it's own brand of charm.

I would be ALL over a steelbook of this. Trouble is... I'm not sure it's even available on blu ray, is it?

returntooz_zpsbb982d21.jpg

First time I hear about this movie ...

We gew up watching this so for me, it holds a special place. Haven't seen it in many years, but it is a very mystical and spooky Oz. Some scenes will scare the crap outta you, but the characters, set pieces, and story are all quite captivating. If you do watch it for the first time, I recommend not expecting it to be anything like The Wizard of Oz, because it's really not.

But a steelbook for this could be awesome! So many cool artwork choices. I will post some artwork later to beef up the interest in voting "Yes" on the pole :thumbs:

This is a film you never see a lot of, either on Tv or Dvd. As far as I'm aware it's not available on Blu-Ray (at least not in the UK). If this were to be given the SteelBook treatment then I would also expect Wizard Of Oz to have one too

Indeed! a steelbook Blu-ray would be wonderful. I've only ever seen it on bad quality VHS tape, so it would be lovely to see again in good quality.

Saw this at the cinema when I was a little kid.. and it scared me.. and I loved it 100% YES

You would think that with Disney's prolific use of the Oz branding in recent years, they would have released this on Blu-Ray by now...

Loved this movie as a kid, if they did it right I'd be all over it, just not the art from the awful one sheet, it was very plain