Amazon Prime Ricky Stanicky - Streaming March 7, 2024

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Ricky Stanicky

Tagline: He's the best friend they never had.

Genre: Comedy

Director: Peter Farrelly

Cast: John Cena, Zac Efron, Jermaine Fowler, William H. Macy, Anja Savcic, Andrew Santino, Lex Scott Davis

Release: 2024-03-07

Plot: When three teens pull a prank and burn down a house in their neighborhood, they create a fake person to take the blame — Ricky Stanicky did it! Twenty years later we see that they have been using this alibi to get out of every uncomfortable situation in life. When their wives force them to set up a meeting with Stanicky, they hire an actor.

Downloaded some 'dumb comedy' that came outta nowhere, which happened to be a great old-fashioned Farrelly film, well, from one of them, which I haven't seen since the 90's. A bit predictable, as these kinds of stories are, but engaging nonetheless.
John Cena is excellent and is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors!

Downloaded some 'dumb comedy' that came outta nowhere, which happened to be a great old-fashioned Farrelly film, well, from one of them, which I haven't seen since the 90's. A bit predictable, as these kinds of stories are, but engaging nonetheless.
John Cena is excellent and is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors!
Agreed. I thought this one was a decent throwback to the 90s Farrellys movies. Sadly, they can't go full 90s gross out anymore...and that's a shame. Anyway, that's the world we currently live in.

I found myself laughing at a lot of stuff. The Ram Rod's musical interludes, and William H Macy's Air-dicking. :rofl:
Wish it went even further with the UN-PC humour tbh.

Good cast all round. Well above average streaming comedy.

4 out of 5

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database