Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: October 2nd, 2016
Purchase link: Best Buy.com
Price: $9.99

rise.jpg

Last edited:
Picked this one up today. I already had the UK steelbook but this one was significantly different and wanted to post some comparison pics. Dawn of the Apes is the same steelbook except the UK version has a debossed title so no reason to downgrade.

BestBuy on the left, UK on the right:

RiseApes1.jpg

RiseApes2.jpg

RiseApes3.jpg

RiseApes4.jpg

Picked this one up today. I already had the UK steelbook but this one was significantly different and wanted to post some comparison pics. Dawn of the Apes is the same steelbook except the UK version has a debossed title so no reason to downgrade.

RiseApes1.jpg

RiseApes2.jpg

RiseApes3.jpg

RiseApes4.jpg
No freaking useless rating logo makes the USA edition a pure winner!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and luke98
No freaking useless rating logo makes the USA edition a pure winner!!!
Not gonna lie, that was one of the main reasons I grabbed it :p

The interior art isn't much to look at, but better than no art on the UK version. UK has a great gloss while this one is matte, but still looks great IMO and can easily be polyurethane sprayed if need be. But I keep them in fully enclosed slip covers which gives off a shine anyway so it doesn't matter to me for now.

Can't wait for War of the Apes. This has definitely been one of my favorite reboots.

I went to two stores yesterday looking for the Fox wave of steels. The only ones I saw were the xmen movies.

I checked online and see that my store shows them in stock but they are definitely not out on the floor. Anyone else experiencing this?

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
I went to two stores yesterday looking for the Fox wave of steels. The only ones I saw were the xmen movies.

I checked online and see that my store shows them in stock but they are definitely not out on the floor. Anyone else experiencing this?

My store never had any fox wave on display. They even claimed to have searched the warehouse when I asked about them.
I ordered online, lo and behold, they said available for pick up the next day...

• Thanks
Reactions: darczap
Price is down to $9.99

Awesome price :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

RiseApes1.jpg

RiseApes2.jpg

RiseApes3.jpg

RiseApes4.jpg

Thank you for the great pictures!

Maybe it's funny for someone but this was a grail for me till now :D
I love all Planet of the Apes movies, especially both last ones Rise and Dawn. Can't wait to put this on Display next to the Kimchi Lenti for Dawn :D

Once again, thank you @apsmith21 so much for the GB :thumbs::thumbs::notworthy::notworthy::woot::woot:

Reactions: Threat
My store never had any fox wave on display. They even claimed to have searched the warehouse when I asked about them.
I ordered online, lo and behold, they said available for pick up the next day...

They are in the back and should be out. My local BB sucks like that and sounds like mine is not the only one that does.

My store didnt have any on the floor either. However after asking one of the workers, he said he had them in the back. Just had not had the time to bring out the display working on all the resets. He led me to the back and brought out the display for me after I asked to see all the steelbooks. Very nice fella. Picked the 2 I wanted and the display went back into the back room

• Thanks
Reactions: darczap
Just recieved this plus the Revenant and Kingsman all from this wave... Steelbooks all look great, just a shame they're all region A, not multi region :(
Nevermind, that's the risk you take. Probably just replace the disks when the amarays drop in price.
Do prefer this Rise steelbook than the U.K. version though :thumbs: