Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
3.43 star(s) Rating: 3.43/5 7 Votes
Title: Road House

Genre: Action

Director: Doug Liman

Cast: Jake Gyllenhaal

Plot: Remake of the 1989 action classic.

That's like 50 stars, coming from your grumpy butt.
angry clint eastwood GIF

Actually I take one off. Because of that sleazy McGregor.

:rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Lenny Nero
Any chances this will get a physical release btw? Don't think I have a 'direct to amazon' film in my collection so I don't know if they do put these out eventually.

3 out 5
Decent action brawler. Different from the original of course.
I enjoyed the location change to the Florida Keys. A lot of the OG character traits were still there from the original, especially like the nice guy bad guy, who was clearly Tinker from the OG film.

I've knocked off a star for the obvious douche. You know who I mean, he waddles around like he needed to take a sh*t and was always smiling like he was permanently on nitrous oxide the entire time.
Would have been funny had they subbed his dialogue, barely understood a word he uttered.
Suppose that fit the bill to a T though.
Mindless psycho for hire.
Can't help but think that's a reason why it may not have been considered for a theatrical release.

Fight scenes were tremendously well shot with some innovative camera angles, mounts and grips.

I enjoyed it.

Yeah I don't get why they picked McGregor to begin with, I mean yeah he's already an MMA fighter and a born again asshat but has zero acting skills whatsoever. I mean they could have done better with someone that has acting skills already and is ripped as well like maybe Zac Efron, dudes even more ripped than Gyllenhaal is. I wonder how much they offered McGregor to play that part. I'm not knocking the movie, it was good, but it could have been better.

Yeah I don't get why they picked McGregor to begin with, I mean yeah he's already an MMA fighter and a born again asshat but has zero acting skills whatsoever. I mean they could have done better with someone that has acting skills already and is ripped as well like maybe Zac Efron, dudes even more ripped than Gyllenhaal is. I wonder how much they offered McGregor to play that part. I'm not knocking the movie, it was good, but it could have been better.

He did a piss-poor job at it, you can't become a star overnight. If I recall, it took Dwayne several years to get his acting down to a tolerable level. He used to be very bad at acting and many thought he wouldn't make it. But on to McGregor, if he wants to break into acting, he needs a lot of work to get it into shape, then maybe he can get that attitude to work for him.