Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
3.43 star(s) Rating: 3.43/5 7 Votes
Title: Road House

Genre: Action

Director: Doug Liman

Cast: Jake Gyllenhaal

Plot: Remake of the 1989 action classic.

Looks like it’ll be a good flick to sit down and watch (pass the popcorn bro). Jake looks like a transformed guy now, I mean damn, dudes cut now. He definitely put some hard hours in the gym to get a physique like that. Hope the script is good, I did notice their pulling lines from the original, but I’m hoping that they made this as a standalone film and not just a remake. No matter how much Jake practiced the part, he’ll never be able to surpass Patrick Swayze on this role. I mean Swayze was just the perfect person for that part. I don’t know if most people know but Swayze was a natural black belt on his own time which I doubt Jake is and that alone was just the right touch for the part of Dalton.

Reactions: TheWildEye
I also still haven't seen the 'original' Road House, and was never interested in it, only purchasing it for the first time in 26 years of collecting when that nice Vinegar edition was released.
But the trailer looks good, colorful villain in Connor McCloud McGregor (hope he becomes the president of Ireland, or whatever), as well as the amazingly beautiful Daniela Melchior from Fast X and The Suicide Squad (Ratcatcher)!

road_house_ver2.jpegroad_house_ver3.jpegroad_house_ver4.jpegroad_house_ver5.jpeg
road_house_ver6.jpegroad_house_ver7.jpegroad_house_ver8.jpegroad_house_ver9.jpeg

I also still haven't seen the 'original' Road House, and was never interested in it, only purchasing it for the first time in 26 years of collecting when that nice Vinegar edition was released.
But the trailer looks good, colorful villain in Connor McCloud McGregor (hope he becomes the president of Ireland, or whatever), as well as the amazingly beautiful Daniela Melchior from Fast X and The Suicide Squad (Ratcatcher)!

Conor is a ahole.

Maybe, or maybe he's just Irish... :rofl:
Whatever 'modern media' writes about anyone, I now assume exactly the opposite.

Oh please. Fact checking is not that hard. Easier than ever."Fake news" my beh*nd. Then again I get ... "no no no Space Cadet do not go there. You do not wanna get banned. Again." :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Billy Talent
Fact checking is not that hard.
Actually it is, it's all written or said by someone. Everything we think we know is subjective, filtered, tainted, and might be wrong.

In regards to Connor, I can imagine and assume that he got cocky and too self-assured, started knocking people around for reasons others wouldn't, but you know what - I'd probably too, if I was as strong as him. It just means he's eating less shite than most.
We compromise in life a lot, every day, quietly wishing to ourselves we could kick the crap outta that person. :blackeye:

Dude, I don’t say/ask this lightly but have you ever considered talking to someone about this? Not us Blu-ray-collecting-knuckleheads but someone that’s professionally licensed? Ur giving weird vibes sometimes…..

Wow, I loved it so much, it's earning a spot among this year's best films. Haven't seen the original '89 version with Swayze, but this was absolutely awesome, with great scenes and characters, old fashioned introductions of each, amazing Connor McGregor, beautiful Daniela Melchior, and a good use of CGI and special effects to visually enhance the fights to make them seem more realistic and brutal. This is how you make a movie, and Doug Liman doesn't disappoint!

Reactions: Kizersouze and jcm
Watched this in a whim and was pleasantly surprised. It’s a bit of a throwback to movies of the late 80’s/early 90’s which I guess is appropriate given it’s a remake. Connor Mcgregor hammed it up and played his character perfectly. Gyplenhaal was charismatic and definitely put in the work to give the esthetic and perform the stunts it would take to make the character believable. Sure there is a level of suspension of disbelief you have to go in with some of the plot points. Ultimately I think Amazon made a mistake not putting this out in theaters. I recommend giving it a chance, this is the perfect film to sit around and watch with friends.

I thought it was a good watch, Gyllenhaal was great at his role, McGregor played his part as a world class asshat to say the least. I still don't get why he walked around with his arms and chest all puffed out as if he was some huge guy. :LOL: Gyllenhaal on the other hand looked even more cut and defined than he did in Southpaw, I mean damn, talk about putting some serious hours at the gym. :thanks: I really don't see this as a remake though, different town with a different sleazebag rich guy wanting to make trouble for others, different bar although if you caught it, as Dalton stepped off the bus there was a restaurant next to the bookstore name The Double Deuce, I thought that was funny laying tribute to the original Roadhouse. I see this as it's own story albeit just borrowing the name for clarification sake. Fight scenes were choreographed well, story was good. So yeah, I'll probably give it another watch.

Freakin loved it! Didn't quite believe the positive reviews on here but they're absolutely right. Awesome movie. Really don't get that low imdb and rotten tomatoes score, this was one of the best and most fun action films I've seen in recent years.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
I really don't see this as a remake though, different town with a different sleazebag rich guy wanting to make trouble for others
Right, I think it's better to consider it as another 'adaptation', and just make more of them this way, like an anthology, like all those Crow sequels - same story, different characters.

Reactions: Lone Crusader