Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
2.50 star(s) Rating: 2.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Robots (2023)

Tagline: Some people just - click.

Genre: Romance, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Comedy

Director: Anthony Hines, Casper Christensen

Cast: Jack Whitehall, Shailene Woodley, Chelsea Edmundson, Emanuela Postacchini, Barney Burman, Samantha Ashley, Casey Messer, Jackamoe Buzzell, David Grant Wright, Paul Jurewicz, Paul Rust

Release: 2023-05-19

Runtime: 93

Plot: A womanizer and a gold digger trick people into relationships with illegal robot doubles. When they unwittingly use this scam on each other, their robot doubles fall in love and elope, forcing the duo to team up to hunt them down before the authorities discover their secret.

Surprised there isn't a thread for this movie already, as it's a great sci-fi comedy.
I've always liked Shailene Woodley more than Jennifer Lawrence, and the Divergent series over Hunger Games (save for President Snow and the final arena scene).
Haven't seen Woodley since Allegiant, and this month we get two very different movies starring her, this, and a serial killer-thriller To Catch a Killer (Misanthrope).
Liked this quite a lot, some fun pokes at 'republican' future America (although I would like it to become true), and a more interesting 'romantic' film than most of the last few years.

Thanks for drawing my attention to this. I too like Woodley--she was great in Snowden a while back. And this looks like a hoot. Could have done with a better partner than Jack Whitehall, who's a bit dull, if you ask me, but the trailer looks real fun. Maybe we'll get a steelbook? No harm in hoping!

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database