paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 14, 2017
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £17.99 (Arrow Films) - £14.99 (Amazon) - £17.49 (Zavvi)

71Rv0AE-5wL._SX342_.jpg

18342700_1555847551115900_699849207515496744_n.jpg

Last edited:
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• Brand new 4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative produced by Arrow Video exclusively for this release, supervised and approved by director of photography Robert Fraisse
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
• Original English 5.1 audio (lossless on the Blu-ray Disc)
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Audio commentary by director John Frankenheimer
• Brand new video interview with director of photography Robert Fraisse
• Paul Joyce documentary on Robert De Niro
• Ronin: Filming in the Fast Lane, an archival behind-the-scenes featurette
• Through the Lens, an archival interview with Robert Fraisse
• The Driving of Ronin, an archival featurette on the film’s legendary car stunts
• Natascha McElhone: An Actor’s Process, an archival interview with the actress
• Composing the Ronin Score, an archival interview with composer Elia Cmiral
• In the Ronin Cutting Room, an archival interview with editor Tony Gibbs
• Venice Film Festival interviews with Robert De Niro, Jean Reno and Natascha McElhone
• Alternate ending
• Theatrical trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jacob Phillips

FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Collector’s booklet illustrated by Chris Malbon, featuring new writing on the film by critic Travis Crawford

Day one buy and when I saw it in the cinema, I went "My God a major American motion picture that uses a genuine Northern Irish Accent!". Everyone in the cinema I was with was thinking the same thing and clapped.... I'm still recovering from the remake of Day of the Jackal.....

• Thanks
Reactions: Phantasmic
To be fair Arrow have been doing a few region A only ones like the forthcoming Big Knife........
But yes Ronin was a totally unexpected bonus. 4k/blu-ray steelbook and they have the best seller of the year after The Thing!

Just noticed the new artwork and edited the OP before I read that this have reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork.

That means that this will also have the "old" artwork right and that I shouldn't have edited? :p :p

Thoughts? @paulboland @Noodles @Sigill

Love this new artwork though!

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and Noodles
Just noticed the new artwork and edited the OP before I read that this have reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork.

That means that this will also have the "old" artwork right and that I shouldn't have edited? :p :p

I'm not exactly sure which image you uploaded mate, but the OP looks fine to me, so no need to worry. :)

Loving the newly commissioned artwork by the way! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: spass
It's the new artwork I uploaded. The pic in spoiler was the only one before I started messing with @paulboland 's thread, lol! :LOL::LOL:
Haha gotcha! Well, the one you uploaded has the rating logo on it, so I'm pretty sure that means it'll be the main one they use and the one everyone will see when it's on the shelf in shops... whilst the "old" artwork will obviously be the reversible side. So yeah, your edit makes sense IMO. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill and spass

I think you are right mate, as Noodles said this one has the logo ratings so it should be the main artwork. I think it looks great aswell!:)

• Thanks
It's the new artwork I uploaded. The pic in spoiler was the only one before I started messing with @paulboland 's thread, lol! :LOL::LOL:
What's this you messing with my thread :rofl::p

It's main artwork
Reverse artwork is likely the other one with no age ratings

71Rv0AE-5wL._SL1024_.jpg 18342700_1555847551115900_699849207515496744_n.jpg

New artwork looks good
Looking forward to getting this

• Thanks