Selling My Entire Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metasyntactic

Tetragrammaton
Premium Supporter
Hello All,

What's the easiest way to sell my collection?

Individually is for sure my path to take, as ‘Collections’ don’t tend to sell well on eBay from experience.

However, what would people here suggest? Listing on Amazon Marketplace? eBay? On here?

If I wanted to just list them all – and start a thread here – where would I put it? Would it be in the same thread where we have our sales threads? Are those a little stale?

Any help or advice would be awesome.

Note: There is a 2% chance I may just lump them all together – to weigh up time spent/saved – and I reckon eBay would be the best bet for that too --- right!?

I moved your thread here @Metasyntactic. You could list then on ebay or you could start a sales thread here on the forum. You just need to go to the trading section here and create a thread. You will need to list all the titles you have with prices and also provide some kind of feedback (Ebay/ other forums). Once it has been approved you are ready to sell!

I think it would be hard to see them all as a job lot because a lot of people will already have certain titles in their collection. If you really don't want to sell individually it might be with trying to put them in small bundles and see how that goes. Good luck whichever way you decide!:)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Metasyntactic
Hi there, selling as a lot almost always puts "bulk" into the minds of a buyer, and drives down individual title price. If you don't care about that, you could list on Ebay. Collectors are usually looking for specific titles and may not want to buy a whole bunch they don't need because they own etc. You may end up attracting another reseller who will try to buy them from you cheap. I'd check current pricing on Ebay, both of active and "sold" to get a real sense of pricing for individual titles. Just because something is listed at $200 there, etc, doesn't mean it sells at that price of course.

If you are not in an extreme hurry (like a 7 or 10 day buy now sitch), then you are welcomed to open a trade thread (prices must be included), and let ninjas contact you to negotiate. At least you'll know collectors will get your items. Of course if prices are competitive, then you may sell them quick here, too. I'd add your trading thread to your sig after you have created it, for more visibility. Opening a thread here also helps support our trading area (free), and allows member to member trading here.

Just all depends on what matters to you the most....

Good luck!
DB

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Metasyntactic
Status
Not open for further replies.