Amazon.co.uk Exclusive Steelbook
Release date: February 18th, 2013
Price: £14.99
Pre-order: Amazon.co.uk

Confirmed region FREE by hdn members

Skyfall-2.jpg

Note-contains a NTSC DVD of the film

Former HMV exclusive:
***Several members have stated that per HMV, pre-orders have been cancelled.

Word of caution from an UK HDN Member about HMV (thanks VRob98)

HMV now in administration said:
People should just be aware of 2 things:
1) If you receive a damaged or faulty copy from now on, you will not receive a replacement or refund
2) If they charge your card and are then unable to fulfil your order, you will not be refunded.

The way a company operates whilst under administration is quite different to how it operates normally, and certain consumer rights are suspended. If anything goes wrong you would have to apply to the administrator or claim against your credit card issuer.

I'd encourage everyone who has orders in with HMV to consider the above, as I'd hate to see anyone here lose their money in all of this.

Attachments

• fM3rZ.jpg
    fM3rZ.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 607
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 422
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 398
Last edited by a moderator:
Just opened this properly and found the cut spine god damn it .... Did anyone manage to get an exchange with Amazon before it went OOS

Just opened this properly and found the cut spine god damn it .... Did anyone manage to get an exchange with Amazon before it went OOS

I don't know where you are from but I had a cut spine and they gave me a full refund and told me to keep it, because shipping it back overseas is too expensive. My second copy that arrived has a very faint printing defect on the spine but I didn't complain about that, better than a cut spine so I'll live with it since you have to be up close to see it at all.

EDIT: I know a refund doesn't help with the collection but at least it is something.

Last edited:
Only reason I didn't grab this was due to my empty Skyfall space in the Bond 50 set. Holding out for a cheap retail copy to dump the amaray or a disc only on Ebay. Kind of regret it now though as I do own the Goldeneye one. Ah well I had my chance.

Hey all ive just posted this on price drop forum but will mention here too. only 1 left showing and i got my order done so next one in completes it.

I wonder where these ones turned up from

sorry rechecked and says 6 available my bad

Last edited:
I :oohyeah::oohyeah: love ur posts!!! :oohyeah::oohyeah: heck yes glad I got a mint copy also. :LOL::LOL: that evil spine slasher didn't get me. :naughty::naughty: :movie::movie:

Perhaps someone could write in the Spine Slasher into a good horror movie? So it's a guy who goes around and finds big steelbook collections in collectors' homes and slashes all the spines.... that would be SCARY! EEK! :ohno:

Perhaps someone could write in the Spine Slasher into a good horror movie? So it's a guy who goes around and finds big steelbook collections in collectors' homes and slashes all the spines.... that would be SCARY! EEK! :ohno:

No, not scary enough.
He will leave the normal steelbooks alone.
He will go after the rich steelbook collectors who own the most rare and expensive steelbooks, like the Iron Man Futureshop and the Comic Con Sucker Punch steelbooks. He will slash those steelbooks only. All Iron Man FS steelbooks will be slashed, except for one... the last one, the one that shall be defended against the maniac! :LOL:

Reactions: Sounder

I asked for a replacement on a spine slash, they told me to keep it and they're sending me a another one.
If you want it replaced, just sign up with one of those Amazon price tracking sites, like Keepa or chamelchamelchamel, they will send you an email once it's back in stock. It doesn't always work if there's only one or two copies available. But it'll work when there's alot like today.

I can only imagine they saved up some returns and let them off in one go or maybe they were some complimentary corporate copies that didn't get used. Anyhow good for those that missed out and managed to get one. I ordered an extra copy for trade/sale in the future. I'm still very new to thie SB game so hopefully that was a good move.

Would like to add Amazons packaging has been superb lately. I had 3 arrive last week all in the new suspended boxes, these boxes were then inside another much bigger box really well protected. Saying that Amazon can afford to do this with what they are charging for steels lately. Anyways nice one Amazon for getting the goods out in perfect condition.

Amazon's packaging has been good for over a year now, no complaints from me. It's not totally reliable though as I recieved a copy of Jaws on release which someone had obviously stepped on. The parcel even had to be tapped up by the courier because the item would have fell out of the side. At least you can always rely on Amazon for customer service no matter what, whereas the other retailers are a bit hit and miss.