Soul Calibur V Megathread - Just Announced

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
SoulCalibur.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Soul Calibur V announced

Namco Bandai has officially lifted the wraps off Soul Calibur V at its recent Level Up press conference in Dubai, confirming the brawler will launch in 2012.

According to info trickling out of the shindig, the game serves as a direct continuation of the storyline established in Soul Calibur IV, and stars Sophitia’s son Patroklos in the lead role.

Not much else is known at this point, but producer Hisaharu Tago – complete with toy sword in hand – took to the stage to confirm the game is set 17 years after its predecessor, and boasts an improved battle system and other fresh features.

Soul Calibur V is only 10% complete

Project Soul has told Japanese publication Famitsu (via Andriasang) that development of its upcoming fighter Soul Calibur V is only 10 percent complete.

The beat ‘em up sequel was unveiled last week carrying a vague 2012 launch date, though aside from some rudimentary story details Namco didn't reveal much of any info on the game.

Elsewhere, Famitsu also notes that the developers are hoping to include as many combatants in the brawler as its predecessor, which featured guests Darth Vader and Jedi Master Yoda.

More information on Soul Calibur V is expected to rear its head at E3 next month.

E3 2011: Soul Calibur V will have 20-30 characters, half will be new

Soul Calibur V will boast a line-up of around 20-30 playable fighters, half of which will be completely new faces, developer Namco Bandai has revealed.

"We're anticipating somewhere between 20 and 30 characters, of which about half of them will be entirely new characters and half will be returning,” the firm told CVG.

Namco’s unveiled only a handful of combatants for the weapons-based brawler since its announcement last month, including newcomers Pyrrha and Patroklos and veteran fighters Mitsurugi and Seigfried.

As for where the game’s at, Namco said the title is “only 15% complete,” with plenty more content yet to be added.

I seem to be the only person on the planet that likes the Soul Calibur III "Chronicles of the Sword" mode. I loved it and played that so much. Would LOVE to have this on the PSN, and in fact is one of only TWO PS2 games that I really would love to see. There are others of course that would be nice, but the two major ones I always wanted was Soul Calibur III and Madden '05 (but that's not going to happen).

Also Soul Calibur III is the only game in the series to feature THIS dude who was widely praised and ranked as one of the top characters in the series, and yet he's only been in one game.

I hope he and Kilik will be in Soul Calibur V

Art_Olcadan_SC3.gif