Speed Racer: Collector's Edition [USA]

elle82

Premium Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
Australia
Release Date: November 7, 2017
Purchase Link: Amazon USA
Price: $299.98
Note: The Collector’s Edition will feature Speed Racer (the 1967 broadcast version) and the original 34 episodes of the Japanese version, as well as the 1992 Restart. Comes packaged in a Speed Racer Bust with moveable visor and sound effects (5 phrases from the original Speed Racer) and a Key Chain featuring art from the Mach Go Go Go series.

71-DHTSVtwL._SL1286_.jpg 71sZTp6uT6L._SL1284_.jpg

The package is initially awesome. I like this a lot more than horror busts. Speed's face is a bit weird, and I haven't watched this since I was a kid. I think I am already tired of looking at the bust though. I'm just not a bust guy. The continuation art on the 5 spines inside the bust are the best part of this, it looks like Speed, and I'd love to have that in digipack paper packaging, not jumbo plastic eco-packs or jumbo steelbooks.

That's the price I'd expect if this was Japanese, considered the best edition in terms of picture quality and sound, and out of print ebay pricing.

That's an awful lot of discs for 34 25-minute episodes on blu-ray. I know I'm not counting the movie or restart, whatever space that takes up.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: GI_SnakeEyes